6.

September 21, 2018

Moni.

I've been thinking excessively overtime and when I say that I mean my mind has been battling between different decisions. It's hard to come to an agreement with myself for many reasons alone. What I have decided though, is skip out on college for at least one year and just work at the shelter part time. I still want to have success through college of course, but it will just be pushed back due to a wonderful opportunity I just won't pass up. Plus, I wasn't technically supposed to attend college until I'm like eighteen anyway.

I hope I'm doing the right thing for myself with this option I'm picking. It's going on three o'clock and I should be giving Trav a call, like he asked me to do. I'm not sure what to expect about what could be wrong with August, but hopefully it's not as bad as I think it could get. I picked up my phone and dialed in the number Trav gave me and I let it ring before I heard his voice come through on the other end.

"Hello?" He answered.

"Hey Trav." I responded back cheerily.

"Hey, who am I speaking to?" He asked on the other end of the phone while it sounded as if he was chewing.

"Oh my apologies, this is Moni." I replied.

"I should've knew, Moni you called on time I see."

"Yes I did. I just really want to know what's up with August." I said. He cleared his throat and at that moment I knew shit wasn't looking to sweet. It's just something about when someone clears their throat before speaking---it means so many different things, but in this moment I knew what this particular throat clearance meant.

"Uh August, he is missing." He finally pronounced. I dropped the phone out of shock, but hurried to pick it back up.

"You said missing correct?"

"Yes Moni, he's been gone every since the trip at the "warehouse" that him and the twins took---he did come back, but after that it's like he disappeared.  I went to go check on August that following day and he wasn't there. His phone goes to voicemail every time I call and nobody else has seen him or heard from him---the twins was the last people to see him or anything. It got the family and I on edge because a lot of drastic things have happened recently in our lives. August... he may not know how to handle that matter fact I know he doesn't. I can only pray that he good at this point." He explained stressfully.

"Wow. It has past two weeks and nobody has heard from him?" I said trying to take it all in and not let the anxiety take over my body.

"Yup, two weeks. Look, I have to get back to work but I'll talk to you soon love. I'm saving your number Moni. Call me if you hear from him."

"I will. Bye bye."

"Bye." He responded before he ended the call.  I put my head in my hands, trying to console myself and make sense of the news I just got. I wanted to cry my eyes out, but then if I did that I wouldn't know what I would be exactly crying for---I hated that feeling. I don't even know him and I don't actually have a significant place in his life. We aren't friends, nor are we close to it.

He's a difficult person to deal with, but I understand him. I may not know him personally at all and there may be no relation between us, but I do understand him. It's just that with understandment I have no clue where he could be right now. I moved my head against the headboard and just sat there soaking in the idea that something could be really wrong with him, possibly in danger. I silently prayed for him, right before I heard the door open.

"I'm home Moni!" Bandzey yelled throughout the house.

I stayed in my same spot, not even speaking up, just acting as if I never heard Bandzey announce that. She's been gone a lot with a person I don't care for too much. I guess they are seeing each other, as in fucking and his name is Dreyon. He's making her happy I guess or else she wouldn't be sticking around with dude. So, since her happiness is all I give a damn about what more is there to protest?