Chapter 9

"So," Ash began awkwardly before I punched him in the stomach, "Ah! Holy... Elements..." he wheezed as I glared at him.

"That was for not telling me about your teleportation!" I snapped angrily at him as he just laughed.

Wait... he laughed?

Out of all the things I expected to happen, I didn't expect a laugh.

To be honest, I was ready to get beaten up. At least, that's what would've happened in my old school.

"Wow... you are on tough one, Little Warrior," Ash said, grinning at me.

"Little Warrior?" I inquired as I raised an eyebrow: I was only used to horrible nicknames that those bullies gave me, not a friendly, playful one.

"Yeah, I do that a lot, get used to it," Ash replied as he put his hands behind the back of his head as he set off to my dorm.

To be honest, I wasn't really used to people being nice to me _ it all feels very odd.

However, I'm sure that it's only Ash that's nice to me. I'm almost 100% positive that no one else will like me.

Don't think that I don't like all the niceness but I'm just not used to it.

I'd rather experience the usual and not get hurt instead of diving in too deep and then getting hurt.

Sometimes, I never understood why people make friends because at the end of the day, you can only trust yourself.

That was my mindset before going to Magus Academy.

Anyway, when we entered the dorm room (my new roommate wasn't there but Ash knew where she hid the spare keys) I gasped loudly.

The room was quadruple the size of my bedroom with two single beds, two bedside tables, two cupboards, two desks and chairs and two bookshelves. It also had another door which led to the en-suite (I think that's how you spell it) bathroom.

The walls were painted a nice cream colour and there was a fluffy grey carpet on the floor.

Both beds had white bedsheets and two pillows: yep that's right, two pillows each.

I then headed into the bathroom, practically skipping towards it.

All I could tell you was that my old bathroom looks like a cupboard compared to this: it was massive with one large bath tub, a toilet and a sink. As well as a shower in the corner.

I think I've fallen in love with a room.

I'm pretty sure I was dancing in victory. At that moment, I didn't really give a bleep that my family weren't here, I just couldn't believe my luck.

It was real. This world was real. My dad's book, it was truly just a history lesson.

The whole time, I gaped at my new room, too flabbergasted to notice the girl walking straight through one of the walls.

You read that right, through the wall.