Chapter 40

It was the fifth week when I started to enjoy school.

Not like the fake version where I pretended to be happy but the honest genuine one.

I was practically shocked at the fact that I was truly happy.

Usually, I'd pretend to be happy for the sake of my mum. However, this time, I was actually enjoying life.

I was still in touch with mum and Mark, me and Jamie worked on our weird friendship and the others and I were getting closer and closer to each other every day.

Usually, all the classes spent with Jamie ended with us laughing at each other whenever a teacher will tell us off.

Battle training became way more competitive and playful. Like two friends playing hide and seek.

At one point he even complimented me.

Yep, that's right, he actually complimented me.

I even become fond of the other royals. True, I'd never sit with them at the canteen, but we still became close. Almost like cousins who rarely meet.

At one point, the other royals convinced Mrs Fox to let me hang out with Ash, Max and Charles for a whole day.

Of course, it was when I finally started to love life when the chaos began.

It was the weekend (notice how this all happens on my favourite days!) and I just woke up.

After getting ready, I walked out of my door. Only to find two creeps stationed at either side of my door.

"WHAT THE BLEEPING ELEMENTS!" (I know, I'm starting to pick up some phrases) "CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHY THERE ARE TWO BLEEPING PEOPLE STARING AT ME LIKE A BUNCH OF BLEEPING CREEPS?"

Yeah... I think I was a little too loud...

Just a bit...

Anyway, after the other royals calmed me down, Elizabeth started to explain everything.

"Yesterday, a student disappeared without a trace _ I think her name's Charlotte Jones. The headteacher is worried and therefore stationed guards by every room in the royal's wing."

My face paled. 

"As in, they couldn't find her?" I asked as Liz nodded gravely, "At all?"

Later on, we went down to the lunch hall. I didn't even bother to speak to my friends and simply walked there.

Throughout the day, all I could think about was that poor girl.

I didn't know why but I had a very bad feeling about this. It wasn't me just assuming, I was 110% sure of it.

Something bad was about to happen.
Something very bad.