Chapter 50

To be honest, it was much less painful than I imagined it to be. I actually didn't feel a thing.

Despite this, I didn't open my eyes. Opening my eyes would just prove the fact that I died. I didn't want the Elements to have that satisfaction.

Anyway, after a while, I heard a very familiar voice say, "Hey, idiot, you can open your eyes now."

Wait a sec... Jamie? Hmm... maybe the Elements show us the people you hate the most after you die. Yes, yes, that must be it.

"I'm glad to hear that you hate me too but honestly, Lisa, you look like an idiot right now," Jamie, or should I say, fake Jamie said sighing.

My eyes were still glued shut.

"No can do, fake Jamie. I ain't dying yet!" I replied as I heard a group of exasperated sighs.

"JUST OPEN YOUR EYES!" I heard Sophie yell right beside my ear as I yelped, my eyes opening.

In front of me was not an alternate universe in the clouds where everything is jolly but a dark cold room filled with my family, friends and an unconscious body lying on the floor.

"See, I told you you're not dead," Jamie said with an amused expression on his face.

Next to him was Sophie, who held her brother's hand tightly.

I raised a brow at this as Sophie shrugged.

"He saved our lives and I'm too tired to fight for stupid reasons," Sophie explained as her twin rolled his eyes.

Suddenly, I felt a warm hand on my shoulder.

"Mark," I whispered turning around to my brother, who was smirking at me.

All of a sudden, I engulfed him in the tightest hug of all time. I was pretty sure I was killing him but I didn't care.

I then felt another person join in the group hug, "I missed you so much."
That was my mum. I leaned against her, my arms still haven't let go of Mark.

I never realized how much I missed them until now.

"Just so you know, you have a lot of explaining to do!" Mark said as mum nodded in agreement.

"But-but... the letter... ok, fine!" I replied after looking at Mark and mum's expressions.

I then looked over to Ash, Max, Soph and Jamie and smiled. All of a sudden, we heard the noise of footsteps and found two guards standing there.

"Your majesties, we found the missing children," one of them said.

Before Jamie could react, I said, "Take them to the academy and get them to the medical wing."

"And we found these two," the other guard gestured towards the two men who were in chains.

Hold up, those were the men who tried to kidnap me. You know, the ones I knocked out with shoes.

"Take them to the dungeons," I said dramatically as the two guards bowed.

They then turned around, presumably going to tell the other guards about my orders.

"Since when were you the one giving orders?" Jamie asked raising an eyebrow.

"Since now, deal with it," I replied grinning cockily.

"Who's the one with the more powers?" Jamie said, gesturing to himself.

"And who's your future queen?" I retaliated as I heard a series of giggles.

"Fair enough," Jamie replied as he and Sophie walked towards Ash.

"Do your thing, buddy," Sophie said, holding Ash's hand.

Me and Max followed them, holding onto Sophie.

"What are you doing?" Mum asked confusedly.

"Just trust me," I said as Mum and Mark held onto me.

"Oh and close your eyes," I warned the two of them as I closed my own eyes.

It was time to go home.