Chapter 41

Ever since that day, many of the students were on edge.

Every slight sound would cause people's heads to snap up. Every single rumour would be met with utter chaos and everyone practically ran to their rooms after dinner.

It was as if the whole school suddenly switched personalities.

You know, from the fluffy lighthearted school where anything can happen to the paranoid group of children and adults who never smiled.

Even me and Jamie didn't argue that much. We did have the occasional bicker, but nothing that serious.

It seems like even I was afraid. (I know, that's shocking!)

To be fair though, none of us were sure who'd be taken next or of the kidnapper decided to stop.

None of us knew.

I think that's probably the scariest party of it _ our lack of knowledge.

It felt as if the kidnapper was trying to drive us nuts.

I wouldn't blame them. If I was the kidnapper, I'd be laughing like a madwoman at the school's paranoia.

Anyway, one day (you guessed it, the weekend!) Mrs Fox told all students to go to the lunch hall.

Nervously, me and the other royals walked to the lunch hall. Sophie was clinging on to my shoulder as if her life depended on it.

Once we got to the canteen, me and Sophie hurried over to the others.

"Two people disappeared yesterday," Charles explained after I asked him what was going on, "Mum's going crazy right now with all the search parties."

We all sighed worriedly as we saw Mrs Fox enter the room.

"Students of Magus Academy, we are in the middle of a dangerous crisis. Five students have disappeared so far," this made Charles's eyes bulge, "We are worried that more students will disappear too. We will cancel all lessons until those students are found. To leave this room, you must be escorted with at least one person. Please, be careful."

After that, she left the room, followed by some other teacher.

Five students disappeared. Five students who could be dead, tortured or mentally scarred!

There was a single thought that ran through my mind.

I had to do something about this.