Chapter 17

Once me and the girls got to the canteen, I looked at my timetable.

"Ok so I've got the history of magic (that's such a cliché name), beast taming (that sounds cool), break (2nd favourite subject), battle training (sounds fun), art (how did they know I liked art), lunch (best subject of all time), and finally power control (That's gonna be interesting)," I said, all in one breath.

Maxine and Sophie stared at me blankly and then laughed. When I asked them why they were laughing, they simply got louder, earning a few annoyed stares. You have no idea how much I wanted to be invisible.

All of a sudden, Ash popped up out of nowhere, causing me to fall off my chair.

The whole table burst out laughing, their faces almost red.

I got up, blushing furiously. Although I wasn't necessarily happy about being laughed at, there was something about the way they all laughed that caused me to giggle.

From the corner of my eye, I could see a pair of deep-sea eyes stare at me with such intensity that I had to try my best to avoid them. Bleeping hell, that guy was creepy.

I finally returned to my seat and thought up a plate of pancakes as my friends finally calmed down.

"Make sure you stay on your seat this time!" Ash said as the girls giggled. I smiled sheepishly.

"What can I say, I'm a natural at falling off things," I smirked as Ash snickered.

"Yep, you're definitely one of us," Ash grinned as he ruffled my hair, causing me to slap his handoff.

"Hands away from my hair or you'll be deader than a squashed fly!" I swatted his hands away.

"Don't be rude to squashed flies, they have lives too you know!" Ash retorted dramatically, only leading to the two of us having a debate on whether squashed flies were valuable members of society or not.

The others rolled their eyes before eating their breakfasts.

Maybe talking about flies whilst eating breakfast wasn't the best idea.