Chapter 49

My heart was literally going crazy. My mind was even crazier.

All I could think about was that I have never seen a narwhal yet in my short life. (Haha, kidding)

This is what was actually going through my head: WHAT THE BLEEP! I CAN'T BLEEPING BELIEVE IT! NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO, NO! THEY'LL DIE! I'LL DIE! WE'LL ALL BLEEPING DIE!

As you can see, my mind was full of rather... panicked thoughts.

Oh, who am I kidding? I was going mad! I needed to get everyone outta here, fast.

Or at least stall for long enough.

As you all probably know, there is one thing that I am good at. Talking.

"What do you think you're gonna do with them?" I asked after the shock wore off.

"Easy. Kill them," Charles replied as mum hugged Mark.

They looked so vulnerable and confused _ I wanted to slit Charles's throat.

"And what better way than to use your own powers. It'd be very ironic to be killed by a loved one's own powers. Right in front of your face."

After that, Charles started chuckling like a psychopathic murderer. That boy was way too bleeping cliché!

Anyway, I started my genius plan of talking my way outta this.

"Hold up, buddy!" I yelled, making Charles's attention turn to me.

"What?" Charles spat darkly.

"Shouldn't you be doing this the proper way? I mean, honestly! You don't just kidnap your enemy's family and kill them: you kill your enemy first and then the family," I was pretty sure I said something wrong.

All of a sudden, Charles turned to me and said, "Maybe you're right."

He started walking up to me, very, very, VERY slowly. By the time he reached me, I actually sighed in relief.

"Oh for bleep's sake!" I yelled, causing everyone to jump, "Can you just kill me already? I'm getting bored! What are you, a snail?"

I heard Charles sigh loudly. He then conjured up a light orb and aimed.

I counted the last five seconds of my life.

Five...

I could see my friends and family's horrified expressions. Sophie looked like she was about to cry, Maxine and Ash looked mortified and mum and Mark were just confused, however at the same time knew something was going to happen.

Four...

I could feel a bead of sweat trickle down my face.

Three...

I realized how bleeping stupid I am.

Two...

Wait, why did Charles look guilty? Why did he look in pain? What was up with the weird stalling? Could he possibly-

One...

Before I could continue overthinking things, I closed my eyes, preparing for impact. I still couldn't believe that my own stupid, big mouth got me into this situation.

All I could do then was pray that it'll be painless.

Despite this, I knew I was ready to die.