What are you?-Roman godfrey

This is a long one I'm sorry

Roman Godfrey has been your boyfriend for the past year, and you weren't ashamed to admit you were in love with him. He was beautiful, though his heart was wounded, you understood why he was the way he was sometimes, he had a fucked up life while growing up.

But lately something has been off. He's been snapping, more than usual, and just being so unforgiving with his words. He hasn't been eating anything, he's been all around not himself and it made your heart ache thinking that maybe he was losing love for you.

He had been going out at different hours of the night and you suspected that he was cheating, and that made your heart hurt even more. So you waited, pretended to be asleep and listened for the sound of he door closing.

You got up, throwing your jacket on and slipping your slippers on, running down the stairs to make sure he left and wouldn't notice you following him. You grabbed your car keys and got into your car, following him shortly after.

You drove for at least an hour, where the fuck was he going? If he was going this far away for something he was surely cheating. You felt tears brimming in the back of your eyes. "Calm down." You said, taking a few deep breaths.

You saw him stop. Your eyebrows furrowed since you were both in a vacant part of town. You parked far behind him, turning the car off and leaning in the back of the leather seat.

You watched him get out and begin walking to a huge building. The blood bank? Oh my god he was for sure cheating, why would he be in a fucking blood bank of all places?

You felt stuck in place for a second, not wanting to get out because you didn't want your fears to be confirmed. But you did anyways, you got out and clutched your jacket, feeling nauseas.

You slowly walked down the street, checking behind you to make sure no one was going to jump out and get you. You were now at his car. You looked into it, seeing your own reflection, a sad look on your face. You didn't want to, god knows you didn't want to go into that building.

But you had to make sure, so you continued walking towards the blood bank. You made it to the large building, and stayed outside of it for at least 20 minutes, terrified to walk in and see him with someone else. Your heart would shatter. You didn't want that.

You felt hot tears streaming down your face as you realized it was now or never, so you walked to the entrance and walked in.

At first you didn't see anyone, you furrowed your eyebrows with confusion, but then you saw him. Roman. Alone, covered in blood. Your eyes widened with pure shock.

You felt frozen, unable to move as his bare back faced you, his mouth wrapped around a straw connected a bag of blood. "R-Roman?" You choked out, fear making your veins run cold.

You didn't understand, not one bit. He froze, and slowly turned around, his face having an unreadable expression as he swallowed, looking at your confused and terrified state. "Y/n." He said, now a tone distinguishable as fear in his voice.

You hadn't realized how much you were crying until you felt tears dripping onto your cold hands as you looked at him, shirtless and covered in...blood. He was covered in blood, he was drinking blood.

You didn't know how to feel, you loved him, unconditionally, but you didn't know how to react to this. So many questions ran through your mind but "What are you?" Came out first, your breathing at an alarmingly slow pace.

He swallowed, walking closer but you flinched back, sadness filled his eyes. "It's hard to explain, but the short version is that I'm an upir. It's like a vampire without the sparkly skin and shit." He said with only a hint of humor in his voice.