Night life

Warning: mentions of drugs, alcohol, blood

Contains suggestive content

"Where the fuck is she?" You mutter to yourself in a panic, pushing past the crowds of cold, dancing people that seem to not care who's in their way

"Where the fuck is she?" You mutter to yourself in a panic, pushing past the crowds of cold, dancing people that seem to not care who's in their way. You hope your perfume covers up your scent enough, being a human in a club full of vampires is kind of like being a seal in the middle of a pack of sharks; though there is a law prohibiting vampires from feeding on humans in public spaces, many do it anyways.

The reason you're even in this mess in the first place is because of your best friend, a newly turned vampire, who decided that going to one of the cities most popular night clubs would be a good idea for her first day of taking her new abilities out for a spin. So now here you are, looking for her because she's been out for five hours. You know she's fine, that she can defend herself. New vampires are some of the strongest, but they're also some of the most reckless. She's be mad if she knew you were here putting yourself in danger.

But, despite that, you continue your trek. Trying your best to ignore some of the sudden glances that come your way as you pass certain people, their noses in the air like a drug do who smells paraphernalia. Your heart is hammering so loud you're sure all of the immortals can hear it even through the brain jolting loud music.

And your suspicious are right. "Not so fast." A voice speaks from behind you, and you nervously whip around to find a man around your height, dressed in red and black with his raven hair creating a dark halo around his head. He sees the look in your eyes, the panic, the anxiousness. The sadistic ones feed off of it, they can smell the fear and it excites them almost as much as the smell of the crimson liquid running through your veins.

"I have to go." You state, preparing to turn back around and leave as fast as you can, but it's impossible with vampires. He's in front of you within milliseconds, your breath hitching as a gasp passes your lips. "C'mon, don't tell me your scared. You are the one who came in here after all. I think you wanted to be someone's next snack." He licks his thin lips with a pointed tongue, your stomach churning as you realize he's inching closer and closer, the blood-high people behind you not moving even an inch as they dance without care.

"Leave me alone. I'm looking for my friend. If you touch me there will be repercussions." You try to sound as confident as you can, but you know the man can see through all of it. You can't move much more now, the bodies around you making you feel as if you can't breath, your skin suddenly feeling cold the point of shivers. "Not if everyone in here makes sure to finish you off." He smirks, his two k-nines formed into a sharp point along with the tooth next to it. Twilight sure does make vampires look less threatening. They're terrifying in real life.

"Fuck off Paxton. She's not you, or anyone else's meal." Your back comes into contact with a hard body, making your balance uneven as you stumble forward in the dark, though a strange pair of hands keep you steady by your shoulders. The hands feel large, very large in fact, and you peek around to see who the stranger who has come to your rescue is.