Chapter 16 (Protecting?)

In the car you turn to Dark, tilting your head slightly. He doesn't make an expression or turn to face you though, he keeps his eyes straight on the road with an angered look, when he gets to an empty stoplight he hits the breaks very quickly. You jerk forward and he slams his hands on the wheel turning to you.

"What happened?" He almost yells. You stiffen up, trying to get back to sitting straight frantically. He growls a little, sending a chill up your spine, not down your spine, up your spine.

"Rory must've moved back to town it's nothing big you guys can protect me, you always do. But of course I'll protect you too, I would never let anything happen to you." You smile softly but he doesn't change his look.

"I don't mean that. I mean what happened when I got in the car, that last thing he said. Just like Jack..." You shiver thinking of what Jack had said he'll kill you, you know... But you shook it away.

"You never would! I know that, Dark!" His eyes softened. But then looked back to you almost pure black.

"He wasn't talking about him..." You recognized that voice but this time you didn't scoot away from him.

"Google... I know you're not here to harm me." He nods and looks toward you.

"Why would I? That isn't my primary objective, it's to protect you." You hug him as he says the last three words. 

"It's not to protect me, no it's not." You hold him tight and within a few seconds your eyes widen to feel him hugging you back. The light turns green and you let go as Google drives you home. 

Once home you two both go to your separate rooms to go to sleep. You switch into your sleepwear, a black crop top and a pair of F/B (Favorite band) pajama pants. You lay on the soft sheets and wrap yourself in them, it was getting cold today tomorrow was Halloween, it was gonna be more interesting than you thought but as you did know it was gonna be fun, you and Mark hanging out and giving candy to kids and fans of the neighborhood. 

You almost drifted off thinking of all these happy thoughts but your door opening woke you, you didn't move though, already your body being asleep. A figure walked into the room and closed the door walking to the other side of the bed and laying next to you. They wrapped their glitching arms around you.

"I'll protect you Y/N..." Google whispered to you as you drifted off wrapping your arms around him. You fell asleep in his arms. Maybe Google was better than you thought. Maybe he really was going to protect you. Maybe he wasn't on the other hand though, but why would he? Why would he if he loved you so much?