Chapter 42 (Bruises And Scars)

You wake up, not too many days until Mark leaves for a while. You sigh as you see him get up early again.

"Again?"

"Yes, I know.. I have more videos to make because now Jack's fans are getting a little aggressive toward me taking his last video the wrong way."

"Okay, your fans are your everything." 

"Right." You head out to his car and you and Mystique drive to school. You get into your office and watch more Markiplier videos, some new some old and Eliza walks in to check on you. You switch back to your paper work just in time and she smiles. 

"Y/N."

"Yes, ma'am?"

"I've decided to move you up, you'll be getting a raise and a new office but it will have some changes."

"Like every job does." You continue her sentence for her. She doesn't seem pleased.

"Yes, well, you won't be the nurse. You'll be taking care of the students but not medically."

"But that's my whole job, medicine and medical skills."

"Well, if you can't handle being the new health teacher then you can just stay here and watch more YouTube videos." You look at your computer and sigh standing up and shaking her hand.

"I'll take it." She smiles and gives you a box to move your stuff. You start packing and Roy walks in. 

"What are you doing?" He asks popping his head up behind the box, he had an oddly dyed strand of hair that was a bright shade of blue out of his amber colored hair. You smile and continue packing to move your office.

"I've got a new job, and did you dye your hair?"

"Blue highlights, I wanted to be more like my brother." Eh, it would be nice. They look good on him too. 

"Okay well, either way head to class and who knows maybe I'll see you there?" You laugh a little and he tilts his head.

"What new job did you get?"

"Health teacher."

"Oh! Mystique and I have health together this quarter!" You smile and finish packing up.

"Then I'll see you there." He smiles too and walks off to class. 

Hours pass and you and Mystique head home and walk inside. Mark was still recording so you decided to continue cooking. You heard him scream and laughed a little when he started cursing in gibberish. You smiled and finished the lovely feast for your little family. Mark stepped out of his room shaking something falling from his red hair. You stepped toward him and paused. 

"Mark?"

He fell to the floor.. blood dripping on his head..

(A/N heheh I'm not ending it on that I already took a long enough break) 

"Mark!" You yell at him. He doesn't budge. You feel for a pulse and it's fast, almost matching yours. You start scrambling about, Mystique runs downstairs and almost screams. 

"Y/N what happened?!" She yells at you.

"I.. I don't know!" You stutter and turn him over looking for wounds. A large gash was in his head like he was hit with something and his neck was bruising. You started hyperventilating and didn't realize. You started cleaning the wound and had Mystique hold pressure while you went to investigate. You ran into his office to see Jack .

"I'll do anything for my fans." He said with a low growl and jumped out of the broken window. You reached your head out the window and yelled curses out the window.

"I'll kill you Sean!" You screamed and caught your breath running downstairs and outside. He was gone, like a shadow in the dark. Consumed into the night. He was gone, not just in sight but Jack. Jack was gone. And you didn't think anyone could bring him back. 

You ran inside and helped Mark onto the couch. You grabbed a cotton ball and put some salt on it running it under cold water. You brushed it under his nose making a home made smelling salt to wake him up. He awoke coughing and holding his temple.

"God dammit..." He grumbled lowly. Mystique carefully walked up to her room and you sighed. 

"Mark.. Are you okay?"

"I'm fine.. Did he hurt you or Mystique."

"No, we're fine." You say smiling and hug him. That night nobody got much sleep.