Shadows of the past (5/9)

During that time, Amy was in the kitchen, preparing a tray with a plate of bagels, cookies, and glasses of a milk. She exited the room with a simple humming.

"Where are you going?" asked Silver, quickly approaching her.

The girl looked less happy, even putting her chin forward in rebelling manner. "I'm bringing it to Mister Shadow and others."

"No, they have no need for it," he reached for the tray, but she moved it out of his reach.

"What?! You can't do that!" she shouted. Could he be really so heartless to deny a person the basic need for food and water?

"I can and I will!" he barked, lifting her with his power. He should have done it in the first place. But the sugar sweetened his judgment.

"Whoa!" She was kicking, but it was no use. Her strength had no chance against his mind.

The psychic smirked, feeling satisfied and with a psionic arm, he opened the door leading to her room. She was thrown there, but the agent wasn't barbaric so he made sure she landed safely, he merely wanted to scare her a bit, then he locked the door, taking the key with him. "Hey, you can't lock me here!"

Silver had such impish smile on his face. Finally, he was the one getting on her nerves and not vice versa. "I just did," he announced in mocking tone.

"What... What if I'll need to go to a bathroom."

That was such cliche tactic, but let's give her a point for being classic. "Not my problem. Suit yourself, I think there is some flowerpot." He snickered, imagining her embarrassed face. "I'm taking the key with me, so don't bother bugging the other kid for help, I have locked his room just in case too." He left the fuming lass behind the door.

]Silver![ rebuked him his partner. She actually saw half of the scene. How could he suggest such thing? Even her face went a bit red.

]Come on, Gold![ he replied annoyed. ]She is just a pesky kid. We have a job.[

The tenrec medium loudly exhaled but didn't continue pursuing this matter. It was true they had a more important thing to do. Gaining answers were now having the top priority. She followed Silver down the cellar stairs, closing the door behind. She had no idea the little miss was pressing her ear on the door and she heard them leaving. "So he thinks he got me, huh?" She had a devilish smile when she was putting the tray on the toilet table.

Meanwhile, Sonic was aware what was happening outside, but he had no interest in intervening. He was sitting on a bed, slightly swinging his legs back and forth. He wished he could run, but there was no space and he was locked. Tho he had no interest in checking it. Maybe he actually didn't feel like running.

'Why is Amy pushing so much? What if Father Shadow was all the time lying to me? Was he laughing at me?' He just didn't want to believe in that. He bent his legs, hugging the knees, hiding his silently crying face. What was he supposed to believe in now?

"How long are you gonna sit here?" asked him Amy.

He jumped, scared of her. "How come you are here?" Wasn't his room locked?! Hers definitely!

She had an impish smile. "I know a few handy tricks." She reached inside of her quills, taking out a small wire. The boy winked a few times, before realizing what it is,

"A lock-pick wire?" he was stunned. What girls have these in their quills? Ah... Amy does... and she knows how to kick to boot. His calf twitched.