Choosing a path (6/11)

The morning came soon... too soon for Eclipse's taste. It wasn't like his body was tired or he was lacking inner energy... it just meant he will leave this safe place to venture into unknown territory... the one belonging to his race's greatest enemy. After the breakfast, he watched from the roof how Amy said goodbye to many people, getting inside a big car with her parents. He couldn't go with her, not that he wanted to be in that metal thing, so he followed them from the sky.

He had found it strange no one paid him much attention, then again, who would expect a demon in a broad light? The car reached the destination in about a half of the hour. The hedgehog girl in simple dress went outside, knocking on the door. After a short while, the door opened and the psychic eyed her, saying: "What took you so long? Don't think you will have time to pick clothes and do makeup once you are a member of The Order," he smirked. He was wearing civil clothes... one of the many same sets he had.

Amy politely replied: "It's nice to see you too." She entered the house and waited for the small demon to come. He got inside thru the window on the second floor, joining others in the living room. There was one problem, that had to be solved before they could leave – Eclipse. Tho hiding his wings would be possible, his eyes couldn't be hidden not to mention his horns.

But that was something Gold resolved. Yesterday, she was studying different seals and she came upon some enabling altering one's visage. So she tinkered with it and now she tested five different variants. The fourth one seemed to be the most suitable, as it hidden the wings, horns, turned the sclera white and eyes brown and gave him normal fingers and toes.

However, this was just the first stage of his "humanizing" process. He had to wear clothes and that was something making him greatly unconformable. In the end, he looked like any other civilian. The brown pants were constantly getting in his way as he felt how the trousers legs were rubbing against each other every step. The skirt was robbing him of the air and he was thankful the first button didn't have to be fastened.

Yet both pieces were like a walk in the heaven compared to shoes... that made him the most uneasy. It was like having his feet squeezed all the time, being locked, unable to feel the dirt. It took him several minutes to get used to them, not falling forward. During that time his master explained the absence of his pets and exchanged information with the others.

"Let's go, we have already lost enough time," noted Silver glancing at the wall clock. "If we want to make it into Albion in three days we can't afford to miss any train."

"We are ready," said Amy, taking the small demon's hand and with others, they left the house. She took a note Sonic was wearing the clothes he had gotten from her, which made her happy. Shadow again borrowed the clothes, wearing the same style as the psychic. Gold was the only one, together with the pink lass, having any fashion sense. Tho her clothes were beige and simple, she had ribbons around her front quills and a short knitted poncho covering her up to elbows.

The girl looked at the building once more before getting into the big car. It felt strange... to leave it. The engine started and left the place of many memories behind. Her parents accompanied them to the main train station platform.

Once there, Adeline reached into her handbag, getting out a long red muffler and wrapping it around Eclipse's neck. "Take this with you. It was my first husband favorite scarf. He said it was bringing him a luck."

He was watching dumbfounded as his nose picked a lingering smell of positive emotion... at least he thought that since negative ones had a different odor. Amy's mother then hugged her daughter while her husband was shaking hands with the rest of the group. Shortly after that, their train arrived and people were getting out.