Hidden rose (2/6)

"I'm ready," announced the psychic as he entered the hall where Gold was waiting.

"Me too," she looked down at Sonic who was wearing his better clothes he got from Amy. She tried her best to iron them and get rid of some dust.

"Then let's take a hackney carriage *)" he suggested, hearing Shadow walked down with a coat on himself.

Crestia and Eclipse were watching them. They were supposed to follow their carriage from the roofs and hide in the trees near the mansion, waiting for the signal. The trio walked outside with the psychic locking the door and calling the cab. And they got there in time, having about ten minutes to spare and to check the building a bit.

It was an enormous house, having tall windows and beige, white and pinkish plaster. The entrance gate was wide and two guards were standing at each side. The symbol of the family a stylized rose was engraved at the top of the entrance. Silver handed the guards their invitations and they immediately let them in, having big smiles.

The blue lad almost ripped his head off, as he was looking around seeing such big and glorious garden for the first time. The path was bordered with flower beds of various colors. Shadow stretched his neck, recognizing simple shapes were made with them. His ears twitched as he heard both demons to enter the garden as well.

And not just the beds, but even the trees were full of blossom and the grass was taken care for. This must have been a nice place for relaxation. Taking a book and just read, with the pleasant aroma around. The path, made of fine sand, led them to a big bubbling fountain. It was consisting a few geysers, sending the water thru many bowls, creating a fantastical scenery full of waterfalls with a light shining thru the streams and from the bottom.

Sonic couldn't help himself not to look over the thick edge with wide eyes. He never saw something so beautiful. Gold gladly accompanied him and even the silver hedgehog admitted this wasn't some kitsch**). Tho the modern art wasn't his forte, this was pleasing him as the light was changing a bit like in a silent melody.

They went around it, getting closer to big door, that suddenly opened and a reddish hedgehog walked out. His beige and slight pinkish clothes had a noble feeling, but still kept a certain level of humility. The emblem of Rose family was present on buttons and there was no doubt he was the head of the family.

"Welcome, I'm Reagan Rose," he said when they got closer, shaking hand with Silver who was the first one. "It's an honor to meet you."

"It's my pleasure," the psychic returned the formality. "My name is Silver the Hedgehog."

Mr. Rose then moved to Gold, accepting her hand and touching his forehead against her backhand. "Please, call me Gold. I'm a tenrec."

"It's always a pleasure to meet such dazzling lady," his remark was meant honestly and the tenrec blushed. Tho the exorcist growled a bit in his mind.

His brown eyes fell on Shadow, he stepped forward to have a handshake with him. "You must be the priest. My daughter told me you had saved her life. My words can't express how grateful I'm."

The ebony hedgehog smiled. "My name is Shadow and I wasn't alone helping your daughter." He looked down at the blue boy, who was a bit hiding behind constantly checking the clothes.

Mr. Reagan looked at him, smiling and offering him handshake as well. "I'm always delighted to meet promising young men."

The boy made awkward smile, quickly accepting it. "Hi, name's Sonic," he babbled.