Chapter 21: Christmas

Lucy P.O.V
Wednesday, Dec 25th

I woke up abruptly to find it was 7 in the morning.

I yawned and headed towards the guest bedroom.

I knocked lightly before pushing the door open to find a pink, sorry salmon haired boy in the bed.

Natsu had insisted on staying at my house on Christmas Eve, saying he didn't want to be alone in his house.

I approached the bed to find Natsu curled up with the little kitten next to him.

"Hey Natsu wake up, it's Christmas" I said not really interested.

He didn't move an inch.

He was the one who told me to wake him up early so he could go and hang out with me throughout the morning and afternoon and then head to the guys place until the party.

I poked his cheeks and I got a slight groan out of him but he didn't wake up so I pushed him off the bed.

"Ow" He groaned. "Did you really have to push me off the bed?"

"Yes" I answered simply.

"Aye sir" The kitten answered.

Natsu looked to me in confusion probably wondering who said the Aye Sir.

I just walked out of the room with the kitten leaving him puzzled on the ground.

Natsu sprinted after me, grabbed my hand and dragged me downstairs.

"We only have the morning and afternoon before the party so let's spend it together" Natsu announced.

Aww that was sweet, he wants to spend the morning and afternoon together with you.

Don't tease me.

I'm not that's actually adorable.

I don't need an Inner Mira thank you very much.

I snapped back to reality.

Natsu was snapping his fingers in front of my face.

"Did you really zone out again Lucy?" Natsu asked. "We need to work on that"

"No thanks, I like zoning out" I answered.

"Ya but imagine zoning out while you're doing something dangerous, it would scare me to death if you accidentally hurt yourself" Natsu said worriedly.

"I zone out on command Natsu, there's no way I'd zone out doing something dangerous" I said.

"If you're doing it by command, why do you always zone out when I'm talking?" He asked.

"Well it's hard to explain" I said.

"Am I really that boring?" He pouted.

"No you're really not, you always have something interesting to say and it always manages to hook me in and make me listen" I burst out cheesily.

"So you enjoy talking to me?" Natsu tilted his head.

"Yes, I do enjoy talking to you, are you happy now?" I admitted.

Natsu looked away from me.

"Ya, I'm happy" He answered after a little while.

Aww is he blushing?

No he's not.

Natsu threw a controller at me still refusing to look at me and picked a game.

Natsu and I began to play games for a short amount of time, which was about 5 hours.