Chapter 30: A slip-up

Lucy P.O.V
Friday, Jan 25th

It's finally Friday and I cannot emphasize how glad I am. Leo has been a little too comforting and welcome and I don't know what to make of it.  This weekend I plan to be pretty productive, that's if Natsu doesn't interfere with my plans. Natsu and I were currently walking to school talking on the way.

"You seem to be in a good mood, what happened?" I asked.

"Nothing just the fact that Leo and his group seen like nice people" He answered.

"No mention of me?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"And it's nice because you're there" Natsu said rolling his eyes.

"That's better" I said.

I closed my eyes and zoned out the world around me. My body moved automatically but my mind was somewhere else. My life this year had been pretty great. The salmon haired idiot popped into my mind and I bit back a smile. Maybe it was because I met him.

I felt myself get yanked to the floor and snapped back to reality. I looked up confused.

"Sorry, it's just you were walking towards the road and I'd rather you not die" He apologized.

"Thanks I guess I wasn't really paying attention" I said smiling.

Natsu pulled me up and we continued our walk towatds the school, reaching there in no time. I walked towards my locker and began to grab my items. Natsu had stopped at his locker to grab his items and I had told him I would meet him in class.

"So where's Natsu?" A familiar voice asked.

"At his locker, do you need something Leo?" I asked not turning around.

"Oh nothing really, just came to say hi" He answered.

"That's nice" I continued.

"So next month is February" He started.

"What about it?" I asked.

"Don't you remember what happens in February?" He asked.

"I mean it's a month what about it?" I said.

Leo bit his lip and was about to say something before being interrupted by Aries.

"Hey Lucy, how are you doing?" Aries asked.

"Fine I guess" I answered.

Leo opened his mouth to say something but was interrupted again by Natsu.

"What are you guys talking about?" Natsu asked.

"Nothing really, just the month of February" I replied.

"That's nice" Natsu said softly.

Leo coughed.

"As I was saying, about Februar-" Leo started and was cut off.

"It's almost time for class, let's go!" Natsu exclaimed.

Natsu proceeded to drag me towards the class leaving a stunned Leo and a smiling Aries.

"What was that for?" I asked.

"Nothing" Natsu answered and puffed out his cheeks clearly annoyed.

We both walked to class and entered to find the girls staring at Natsu. I made my way to my seat as they came up to talk to Natsu. I sat down calmly and opened my book.

A hand pushed my book down and I looked up to find Yukino looking down at me.

"Hey" I said simply.

"Hi" She said back. "I have a question, don't you get disturbed when girls go up to Natsu to talk and they get really close to him?"

"I don't mind, why?" I answered. "It's not like Natsu is going to take one of them as his girlfriend, he doesn't even accept phone numbers from them"

"How do you know he won't?" She asked raising her eyebrow.

"Gut feeling" I answered.

Natsu came towards us before Yukino can ask me more questions.

"Hey Natsu, are you interested in dating anyone?" I asked out of the blue.

"No thanks, dating isn't something I want to get myself tangled with" He answered.

I felt a strange feeling after that. Disappointment? Happiness? Contempt?. Whatever it was I pushed it down and smiled.

"See I told you" I said to Yukino trying to ignore that feeling.

The teacher came in and I tried to pay attention during class. Lunch rolled around eventually. Natsu and I walked out together talking. We went to our lockers and grabbed our lunches and headed to the library.

"Do you have any plans for February?" Natsu asked as we settled down to eat.

"Not really" I answered. "Why?"

Natsu's face flushed and he looked away saying, "Nothing"

"Leo said something about February too" I said calmly.

A frown graced Natsu's face as he played with his food.

"Don't play with your food" I told him.

"Yeah, Yeah Mom I know" He said back.

I felt stunned and Natsu came into realization of what he said.

"I-i well i-it j-ju-st I-i di-didn't" He stuttered.

"Don't take that tone with me young man" I teased.

"Luccy, Don't tease me" He pouted.

"Aww Natsu you're blushing, do you want mom to come see why?" I continued teasing.

Natsu pouted but remained quiet probably guessing that I'd tease him for anything that came out of his mouth. A smile formed out of nowhere and I quietly peeked out of the corner of my eye to see the little salmon haired boy eat his food sulking.

The lunch bell rang, I sat up and started to walk after Natsu. We walked to class with our books and prepared ourselves for the rest of the day. The rest of the day passed by as long as I contemplate my life everyday.

We walked out of the classroom quickly as soon as the bell dismissed us and we were out of the building in record time.

We started walking towards my house.

"Now now make sure not to get lost so stick close to me so you won't get lost" I started.

"I'm not a kid" Natsu complained.

"Sure you aren't, now remember what I said, it will help you later on in life" I told him.

Natsu wasn't paying attention, he was looking at my hand.

"What?" I asked.

"If I'm your so called son, am I allowed to hold your hand?" He asked.

My face flushed red and Natsu let out a chuckle and just grabbed my hand, walking a little ahead. That was strange.

We reached my house and I unlocked the door with one hand while the other was being held by Natsu. We walked in to find Happy and Plue bounding towards us. They seemed to be in a good mood.

I let go of Natsu's hand but he seemed to refuse to let go.

"Natsu can you let go?" I asked.

"Okay" He said reluctantly.

His hand was pretty warm, maybe I shouldn't have asked him to let go. Eh it's not really important.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
So Yeah I thought I try to add some fluff. As you can see, I'm not experienced.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I hope to see you in the next chapter.

Ciao.