Chapter 75: The end of school

Lucy P.O.V
Friday, June 25th

The bell rung signifying the end of the school year. Lines of people streamed from the classroom and rushed towards the door. Through the tons of shoving, I made it out of the mosh pit that was the school. I breathed a sigh of relief.

I had lost everyone in the crowd but we were all emerging from the same place so I waited patiently at the front door. Natsu came out first, breathing heavily.

"You look like you ran a marathon," I told him.

"A marathon would have been easier." He said back.

His scarf around his neck covered his face. I reached out and pulled it down. He looked at me as if waiting for me to say something.

"It was covering your face," I said.

"I'll place it down more if you want." He told me.

Before I could reply, a familiar voice came in.

"Stop flirting in front of the school gates. Isn't this supposed to be on the down low?" Yukino asked.

"We look like two friends interacting so I don't know what you're talking about," Natsu answered, as my hand dropped back to my side.

"Whatever you say. With those obvious signs, I'm pretty sure someone has already figured it out." Yukino mumbled.

Natsu's face became a cold glare.

"Don't glare at me. I didn't mean it jeez." Yukino quickly said. "Here I came to ask if you wanted to come to my house to celebrate."

"Sure." I smiled. "We dropped Happy and Plue at Wendy's house because she wanted Carla to play with her friends and her school ended yesterday."

"Are you coming too, Natsu?" I asked.

"Of course I am." He grumbled.

We began to make our way to Yukino's house. Sting was awfully quiet throughout the whole journey. He didn't look excited at all to go to her house.

Yukino opened the door and warm air hit us in the face. Natsu looked completely unfazed. We entered one by one to be greeted by Yukino's mom.

"Hello." We all said politely.

"You didn't tell me we were having guests. Your father, sister and I are going out to meet someone. That's unfair Yuki." Yukino's mom complained.

"Sorry. I forgot." Yukino answered simply.

"Well make yourselves at home." Yukino's mom said.

Before Sting could take another step forward, he was tackled by a similar looking girl to Yukino. I could only assume she was Yukino's older sister, Sorano, that she rarely talked about.

"Hi, Sting," Sorano said.

"Hi, Angel," Sting replied back.

"I told you that you could call me Sorano. No need for that nickname. It will be special to only you." Angel told him.

"I'll keep that in mind," Sting answered stiffly.

"Yukino knew we would be going out and that's why she brought you here today. I hate that scheming brain of hers." Angel said before hugging him tighter.

"I can hear you," Yukino said.

"Good," Angel replied.

"We have to go now but it was nice meeting you all. Yukino, remember what you promised me." Yukino's mom said.

"I remember," Yukino mumbled.

They left with Angel's constant complaining. Sting sighed.

"That felt exhausting," Sting said before falling onto the couch.

"I have to live with that so I don't know why you're complaining," Yukino told him. "Get off the couch. We're going upstairs. So lazy."

"Hey, I'm not lazy," Sting said jumping up from the couch to follow her."

"And they said we were flirting," I whispered to Natsu.

He cracked a grin which turned into a full-on smile.

We followed them upstairs and went into Yukino's room. It was tidy and there didn't seem to be a single stain in sight.

"It's been a while since I've been here," Sting said.

"You used to come in here often then," I said in an eyebrow-raising voice.

Stings face turned red.

"I was only thinking that you used to come in here to work. We're you thinking something else?" I snickered while asking.

Sting tried to tackle me and I dodged. He hit the door and fell slightly.

"What made you think you could tackle her?" Natsu and Yukino asked.

"Normal friends would ask if I'm okay you know that right?" Sting fired back.

"It's your stupid decision. Why should we ask if you're okay?" Natsu asked.

"It's the nice thing to do!" Sting exclaimed.

"You expect us to be nice?" I asked.

"Why do I even bother?" Sting mumbled to himself.

I sat on the bed and lay down. A sense of comfort washed over me. It felt refreshing.

I heard murmuring before Natsu lay down beside me. Sting laid down beside Natsu and Yukino beside Sting.

"We're going to be juniors next year and the year after that is the senior year," Yukino said.

"Yeah," Natsu mumbled.

"We're going to keep getting older and never younger. It's kind of sad don't you think?" Sting asked.

"Yeah, we might regret this later on when we have a house and kids." Yukino agreed.

"It's kind of depressing to think about that." Natsu agreed too.

"You guys are what? 16 or 17? Stop being so into the future. We are in high school. That's what we need to focus on. Any trouble that comes our way can be dealt with." I told them.

"I guess we do sound a bit old." Yukino laughed.

"Very actually," I told them.

"No more sad talk. Let's do what we came here to do. Have fun." Sting said.

Everyone stood up and grabbed a controller and we played games and forgot our worries. It was so simple and calm. There was that tiny wish that I could just stay in this moment forever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
One more chapter to go until the end of this book. I've been putting it off because I don't want it to end but all good things must come to an end I guess.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed and I hope to see you in the next chapter.

Ciao.