Chapter 40: Late. Thanks Mira.

Lucy P.O.V
Monday March 11th

This morning was one of craziest mornings of my life. Apparently Mira hadn't planned for the next day to be Monday and we had all started rushing. I hadn't brought extra clothes so Natsu and I ran back to my house in our pajamas with Plue and Happy. We rushed to get ready, Natsu had spare clothes in one of the rooms. When we were both done, we ran to school with our bags without lunch and without eating breakfast. By the time we got to school, it was already almost the end of second period.

We both arrived late but we arrived earlier than Yukino and Sting. We grabbed our late slips and grabbed our books from out lockers before hearing the bell ring for third period. We had a test soon and we had already missed Math. We entered third period, handing our late slips in before going to our seats.

I caught the eye of Leo looking at me weirdly out of the corner of my eye. I looked towards him and he looked away pretending that he wasn't staring. I looked to Natsu to find him staring at Leo. He must have seen me  out of the corner of his eye because he turned away from Leo and smiled at me.

I looked away pretending to not have seen it with a smile on my face. This boy. I looked to the teacher trying to pay attention while keeping am eye on Natsu out of the corner of my eye. He kept a grin on his face the whole time. Before I knew it, the bell signifying third period had rang and I hadn't listened to a word the teacher had said.

Yukino and Sting still hadn't made it to school. They were probably not coming to school today. I don't get why we didn't just skip today and pretend we were sick. That would have been a much better idea. I walked alongside Natsu as close as I could due to the packed hallways and students trying to rush into classrooms.

We eventually arrived to 4th period. Natsu took his seat while I took mine. It was the last period until Lunch. We had come at a pretty good time. The class went by fast as this subject was one of the easier ones. The bell rang telling us it was Lunch. I quickly stood up making my way to my locker quickly.

I grabbed my lunch and quickly headed for the library without Natsum I had seen Leo behind me and I really didn't feel like talking to him. I entered the library and went to the corner where Natsu and I normally sit. I waited for Natsu for a few minutes before beginning to eat my lunch. The lunch passed by with me being bored the whole time.

I quickly made my way back to my locker. I grabbed my books and stiffer my lunch in. I slammed my locker shut.

"You look sad Lucy, it's because of Natsu right? Didn't meet you at Lunch" Leo said.

"Its fine, he probably had something to do" I told him.

"You're really forgiving Lucy and Natsu well he never mind it's not important, that would explain why you and Natsu have never gotten into a fight" Leo said.

"How would you know if we'd gotten into a fight or not?" I asked.

"Just a feeling" He answered.

I rolled my eyes. We entered the classroom with Natsu already there.

"Hey Lucy" Leo called.

I turned to him and he put his finger on my chin putting his face really close to mine. I had no reaction to this. I merely smiled. I pulled Leo towards me.

"If you ever do that again, I swear to you, you'll wake up one day with scars that you don't remember getting or if I'm feeling like it, I'll just send you straight to the hospital" I thought to myself. I didn't say it out loud though.

"You shouldn't glare at people that much Lucy, it was a joke" He told me keeping his voice at a low volume.

He patted my head before going to sit down. I went to my desk annoyed. Natsu was staring at me weirdly. He averted his gaze when I looked at him. He probably needs to figure out something. I should leave him alone. I sat in my seat.

The periods pass by with little contact between Natsu and I. Natsu left earlier than me when the bell rang for the end of the day. I made my way to my locker. I grabbed my homework and my bag before foobf outside. Natsu was waiting outside. When he saw me, he began to head to my house before waiting for me to catch up with him. I eventually caught up to him.

"Ah why didn't you wait?" I asked.

"Sorry just knew you'd catch up so i didn't bother to wait" Natsu answered refusing to make eye contact with me.

"Jeez atleast make eye contact" I told him.

"Sorry I didn't show up at Lunch, I was called to the office to go do something" He said ignoring my last statement.

We arrived at my house. I unlocked the door. Happy and Plue came to greet us. Happy followed Natsu as he went straight for the kitchen. I sat on the couch laying my head on the top of the couch not really feeling like moving.

I felt a pair of arms wrap around my neck hugging me from behind.

"Sorry for not showing up to Lunch Lucy, I really do have something important to do." Natsu said.

"Didn't I tell you not to worry about it?" I asked.

"No" He answered.

"Don't worry about it then" I told him.

Natsu didn't let go until a while after.

"We have to go to work so let's get ready" He announced looking a lot more cheerful.

"Yeah" I answered, my face lightly pink.

Let's get ready so I can remove this strange feeling from myself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
I finally got the inspiration to write. Hehe. Spring break is coming up. I'm probably going to be writing more considering I'm going to stay up for a certain game during spring break.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I hope to see you in the next chapter.

Ciao.