Chapter 70: Jealousy

Lucy P.O.V.
Monday, June 14th

I was already ready for school. For some reason, I felt restless last night. I couldn't sleep well. I was waiting for Natsu. He had told me to take care for Happy for the night, saying he had something to do. A message popped up on my phone. It was from my aunt and uncle. I sighed. They were asking for my plans during summer. I told them. I wasn't planning to go anywhere anyway so why not tell them.

"Hey, Lucy," Natsu said.

"You took your sweet time," I said back.

"Sorry," He apologized.

"Let's get going then," I said.

"Yeah..." He said.

We left the house.

"Hey Lucy you don't have to agree to this but can you do me a favor?" Natsu asked.

"What is it?" I asked.

"You know can you keep this under wraps?" He asked. "Like our relationship."

"Why?" I asked, staring at him blankly.

"It's just the people that test me are powerful. They could strip you of anything and use you to make me do whatever they want." He explained.

"Okay," I said.

"Okay, what?" He asked.

"I'll keep it under wraps. I don't mind." I answered.

"Thanks, Lucy. This is why you're the best." Natsu smiled.

"I know I'm the best. You don't have to say it out loud." I joked.

"There goes your ego," Natsu said.

"You admitted it yourself so you must believe it." I continued.

"I shouldn't have said it. I just stroked your ego." Natsu complained.

"You can't take it back," I said.

"Now I've already said it, I wouldn't take it back even if I could. After all, it's specially reserved it." Natsu said.

"Are you flirting with me, Dragneel?" I asked.

"Is it working?" He asked.

"Yes. That was actually cute." I laughed.

A tint of red appeared on his cheeks.

"Are you embarrassed?" I asked, teasing him.

"Well of course. You're the one saying it after all. You're the only one who can do this to me." He answered.

"Did you slip that in to try and make me embarrassed?" I asked.

"Did I succeed?" He asked.

"Yeah," I answered, giving him a smile.

We reached school after a few rounds of continuing to tease each other. I walked to my locker while Natsu went to his. I opened my locker and grabbed my books. When I closed it, Leo was standing right there.

"You know that was very creepy," I told him.

"Sorry." He apologized.

"Do you need something?" I asked.

"No. Just wanted to say hi. I haven't talked to you in a while." He answered.

I raised an eyebrow. He ruffled my hair and smiled.

"Keep doing that and I will flip you, Leo Lion," I said.

"That I believe." He said and stopped.