Chapter 76: Goodbye for now

Lucy P.O.V
Sunday, June 27th

I can't believe Natsu is leaving today. It came way faster than expected and I'm going to miss that scarf-loving idiot. I stood up from my bed and yawned. I opened my door and was face to face with Natsu at 7 am in the morning. I nearly hit him and he stumbled backward.

"I just thought we could get an early start to the day. No need to be so violent jeez." Natsu said, cracking one of his signature grins.

"It's 7 am in the morning. What are you doing here?" I asked, exhausted.

"I'm leaving today so I was hoping we could do all the things I have planned if that's okay." He said, waiting for my reply.

"You'll have to give me a second to get ready then. If you had told me before today, maybe I would have been able to prepare for it." I complained.

"Sorry."

"Whatever. Just give me a second."

I closed the door on his face and got ready. Plue woke up and looked at me angrily for waking him up. We both went downstairs to see Natsu seated there with Happy in his lap.

"What's number one on your list?" I asked, gaining his attention.

"We're going on a walk." He told me.

"That's the first thing on your list?" I asked.

"Yeah. I wanted to include an activity I could do with Happy before he won't see me for a while." Natsu said.

"You're not taking him with you?" I asked, slightly surprised.

"No. It's better he stays here. I was kinda hoping you would take care of him." Natsu answered.

"I don't mind. He gets along with Plue so it shouldn't be a problem."

"Thanks," Natsu said, a smile lighting up his face.

We began to go on our walk. Plue seemed happy and Happy was trying to keep up with him.

"Are you going to miss me?" Natsu asked, jokingly.

"Yeah," I replied. "It's going to be weird without you."

Natsu didn't reply so I looked at him. His face was slightly red.

"Are you blushing?" I teased

"It's cold, that's all." He replied.

"It's summer, Natsu." I laughed while saying.

"Whatever."

Plue pulled on the leash to tell me to walk faster. I went along with his request.

"Lucy, if I change completely, are you going to recognize that I'm still the Natsu you know?" He asked out of the blue.

"Of course. No matter what you'll always be Natsu." I replied.

He smiled and we continued walking. We made small talk on our way back.

We finally reached the house and I closed the door behind us. Plue looked content as he devoured his breakfast alongside Happy.

"What's the second thing on your list?" I asked.

"I want to visit the dojo and work." He answered.

"You didn't want to stop by those places on our way to work?" I asked him.

"I was going to but I got hungry." He replied, cracking a grin.

"Of course you did."

We ate breakfast before making our way towards the dojo. Plue followed beside me while Natsu carried Happy.