Chapter 56: Cafe

Lucy P.O.V
Saturday May 16th

It's Saturday and I'm bored. There's nothing to do and nothing to watch. I also got tired of studying. I'm not going to study for hours and hours on end and enjoy it. That's just not possible for me. I'm laying in my bed with my phone and Plue curled up beside me. Natsu has yet to come surprisingly.

I've gotten bored of my phone and placed it down and I just stared at the ceiling and gathered my thoughts. My ancieyu hadn't been bad these days. They normally become worse during the week of just tests so I'm not looking forward to that and I don't really get time to myself. They always say you should take time to reflect yourself and see what you've missed but since my lifebus the same pattern everyday there's no point.

I heard the door open from upstairs and I got out of bed and opened the door. Plue bolted downstairs bland I followed quickly after him. Plue tackled Happy in a playful manner as I got downstairs.

"I didn't expect you to be this excited to see me." Natsu smiled.

"I've been bored all day." I complained.

"How am I supposed to help with that?" He asked.

"Just be you. You always interest me when you're you." I answered.

A noticeable blush came into his face and I smiled.

"Don't be so embarrassed Natsu." I teased.

"I'm not embarrassed." He said.

"Then what are you?" I asked in a teasing manner.

"Nothing." He muttered.

I smiled. Teasing Natsu was about as interesting as it usually is. It's more amusing now seeing him get embarrassed about it. It's unbelievably cute. An amused smile appears on my face.

"Any ideas on what to do?" I asked.

"Yes actually." He answered.

"Enlighten me." I said.

"The place where Erza works is doing the special Saturday thing where you can bring in pets and order for both you and your pet. It happens only once a month so we shouldn't miss it." He explained.

I ran as fast as I could and got ready in a few minutes. Natsu was waiting patiently with Happy and Plue. We picked them up and started to head to the cafe. We eventually reached the cafe and I smiled. When we entered, it looked completely different from how a normal cafe would look.

It was set up in booths probably to keep the animals from running and chasing other animals. There were signs saying order please which probably meant that their order wasn't taken yet. It was pretty full. The person greeted us. We asked for a booth and got given one.

It wasn't cramped so we fit fine. Plue jumped on the table and curled on the table. Happy copied him and I smiled. I looked up to find Natsu watching me. He looked away when we made eye contact. I laughed while he looked embarrassed.

Our order was taking a while after we came in probably because there were a lot of people to attend to. A blonde haired person came and took our order. Natsu and I talked a little more. He told me all about what I missed on Friday and all about the awkwardness between Sting and Yukino.

The time it took him to talk all about it and different subjects as well as ways to get them to not be awkward around them, the food had arrived along with our favorite red haired female. She instantly smiled when she saw us.

"Oh did not expect this. Are you guys on a date?" She asked obviously teasing.

"Yeah we are." I said, playing along.

"Huh?" Natsu basically shouted.

"Awww." She said.

I winked at Natsu. He was getting red.

"We're not out in a date. Lucy's just joking." Natsu explained with his hand over his face with his eyes peaking out between his fingers.

"You're not convincing anyone with that red face of yours." Erza continued.

"It's not like that. Ugh this is embarrassing. Let's change the subject." He said quickly.

That's when Jellal decided to make his appearance.

"Yes thank you Jellal for coming in. We can change from this topic." Natsu sighed.

"Are you guys out on a date?" He asked.

Erza and I both laughed.

"What did I expect?" He muttered.

"We'd love to stay more but we've got more tables to serve." Jellal announced.

He pulled Erza quickly out of there.

"Liar. Probably just an excuse to hold Erza's hand. He's not exactly good at showing affection."  Natsu said while poking at his food.

Happy and Plue were already eating. They were thoroughly enjoying this. It was like a buffet but for pets. We got some food of course but not as much as Happy and Plue. We might have accidentally misjudged the amount that we needed to get. They were full and there were still leftovers.

We packed the leftovers and paid the bill. The amount isn't important. We headed into fresh air. Going to that cafe was really worth it. I patted my stomach. I was full.

"So good." I said when we left.

"You've got that right." Natsu said.

We made our way home. The door swung open as we arrived. Happy and Plue went to the living room and fell asleep on the floor. I took them both upstairs and put them in more comfortable spots. Natsu was probably staying over so I put Happy in his normal spot.

Natsu was already on the couch, sitting like a normal person. I wasn't going to lie. I'm a couch hog. I liked it all to myself. Natsu could come sometimes I guess.

"Hey Lucy can I ask you something?" He asked.

"You just did but sure." I answered.

"That cafe thing. Did you really mean what you said when you said it was a date?" He asked.

"Believe what you want Natsu. I'm not going to stop you." I answered, taking a seat. "Anyways let's watch a movie."

"Yeah.." He muttered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
I got it done. Also it's like 5pm. I'm actually writing this at an appropriate time. I'm pretty proud. Two days. Two updates. ^-^

Anyways I hope you enjoyed and I hope to see you in the next chapter.

Ciao.