Chapter 66: They know, I don't

Lucy P.O.V
Monday June 7th

School again after the weekend. So many things that I don't know. He seems to like keeping me in the dark for most of it. This was what was going through my head when I woke. up so I am currently in a bad mood. Natsu burst through the door looking happy. I gave him a small smile before joining him at the door. He looked slightly on edge before we started to walk to school.

"How long are you going to keep me in the dark about everything?" I asked suddenly, expecting to surprise him.

"Not much longer." He answered in a sad tone.

"Why do you seem so sad?" I asked.

"I do? Sorry. I didn't notice. Just reminiscing about the past is all. Don't mind me." He answered quickly.

I looked at him with suspicion in my eye before hitting him lightly in the head.

"No use getting sad about the past now. Just got to focus on the future." I told him.

"Easier said than done." He laughed.

"Just find something to distract you for a while is all. Just a moment of peace might show you that the past can't be changed while you can fully live in the present." I told him.

"Inspirational Lucy has made a come back at long last. She has come in to drop her advice and vanished." Natsu joked.

I laughed.

"Inspirational Lucy has made a triumph return. You might see more of her soon. She's going to help you through the difficult times." I joked.

We were both laughing. The slightly tense air now vanished as we both felt comfortable. With the school coming into view, we quickly ran to it. Sting and Yukino were at the front gates waving at us. We quickly went in and headed to class. This week wasn't going to be a calm week. I could tell somehow.

An uneasy feeling washed over me. Thoughts filled my head. Whays wrong with Natsu that he has to hide it from me? What happened in his past? Why does he hate his uncle?.

A finger was snapped in front of my face and Natsu was right there looking at me curiously.

"Sorry. I zoned out again." I told them.

"It's fine." He said.

Sting wasn't really paying attention but Yukino seemed to be watching us intently. Even though Sting wasn't watching, I had a feeling they both knew what was going on with Natsu. Call it gut but I'd like to test that out.

I waited patiently until lunch, making sure to pay attention to what the teacher was saying. Miraculously, during lunch, Natsu was called down. Fate must have been working with me. I didn't know how I was going to get Sting and Yukino alone but this solved it. We were already in the library sitting down.

"So what do you want to ask?" Sting asked me.

"Hmm?" I replied.

"I can tell you've wanted to ask something since you zoned out this morning." Sting answered.

"I'll get to the point. You know what's happening to Natsu don't you?" I asked.

"Yeah." They both answered.

"Then-" I started before getting cut off.

"He'll tell you when he's ready. Don't worry it'll be very soon." Yukino answered.

"Plus the only reason we know I because we've known him longer than you." Sting added.

Yukino slightly glared at him.

"What are you guys talking about?" Natsu asked.

Everyone slightly jumped.

"Nothing much." We all answered.

"Okay? I'll just pretend to be oblivious." He said.

We continued to talk about school. But the fact that they'd known him longer than me made me slightly angry. I could even tell why. I wanted to shout at the world for its unfairness of not allowing me to meet someone like no Natsu in particular earlier.

I must have looked slightly angry because Natsu flicked my forehead.

"What are you worrying about?" He asked.

"Nothing." I replied.

Yukino glared at Sting as if this was his fault. He looked slightly on edge. He probably didn't know why she was glaring at him. The rest of lunch passed by and we went to our lockers and grabbed our books and headed to class.

The rest of the day passed by without any warnings nd we headed home.

"No seriously this time. They're not around. What are you worried about?" He asked.

"The fact that I didn't meet you earlier on in life." I answered straightforwardly.

Natsu looked like he was about to say something before realizing what I just said. His face was turning redder.

"You can't just pull out a line like that. It's not good for my heart." Natsu said.

"Good. That's the point." I said.

"Might as well stab me in the heart while you're at it. This hurts." Natsu exaggerated.

"You can't die yet though." I said quietly.

"Why? You'd miss me too much?" He asked.

"Yeah." I answered.

He grew quiet and wouldn't look at me. Natsu was the reason I was saying all this cheesy and embarrassing lines. My face was probably slightly red too as I unlocked the door and was greeted by a tired looking Happy and Plue.

They both went back to the living room and probably fell asleep. I dropped my bag, went to the couch and dropped like a rock.

"Hey Natsu have you been doing extra study during nighttime?" I asked randomly.

"No." He answered. "I can tell you have though. You look exhausted."

"I am exhausted so when we need to go to work, wake me up okay?" I asked.

"I'll wake you up so go to sleep." He said.

I went to sleep quickly and found myself dreaming about how peaceful my life is right now with a certain salmon haired boy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
I did really horrible on a test so I wrote to calm down. It worked. I can't sleep(so tell me). Anyways I finally decided to updated.

I hate school so much rn. It's sucks. I want summer back. No teachers, no grades just relaxation.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed and I hope to see you in the next chapter.

Ciao.