Chapter 72: Last Plans

Lucy P.O.V
Friday, June 18th

Only one week of school left. The last week of exams. I struggled to get out of bed. I got lazy around this time of year. I began to brush my teeth and Plue walked in with Happy. My eyes scrunched in confusion. Happy hadn't stayed over. I spit out the paste and wash my brush.

As I open the door back to my room, Natsu jumps out. My reflex reaction was to punch as hard as I could in that direction. Luckily Natsu dodged or I might have knocked him out.

"I thought I was going to die." Natsu breathed out.

"I told you not to do that or I might accidentally knock you out," I told him.

"Not to say you're a liar but that punch doesn't feel like you've been training for 5 years as you said," Natsu said absentmindedly.

I froze slightly.

"You can ask the old man at the dojo if you don't believe me," I said.

"Nah. I don't feel like it," Natsu said.

"By the way, get out. I need to change." I told him.

"You just brushed though." He said.

"I brush after I shower. Problem?" I asked.

"Since when?" Natsu asked.

"Since I was too tired to brush first," I answered.

He quickly left the room and I changed. I walked out, tripped down the stairs casually, stood up and grabbed breakfast. Natsu watched me with slightly wide eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concerned.

"I don't feel pain anymore," I answered, smiling.

"Have you gone crazy?" He asked in disbelief.

I threw him my phone. Mira had texted me while I was changing. Natsu read it. He sighed.

"Another sleepover?" He grumbled.

"Yeah," I answered.

"I know they won't tell anyone." I mimicked Natsu.

"They didn't. I asked to make sure. This is probably one of her whims. I swear she has super senses in addition to being a demon." Natsu said.

"She's going to try to extort information. I don't want to go." I complained.

"Same here. Then again, the juiciest stuff always happens here. I haven't talked to Romeo in forever. Heck, I haven't talked to all of them in forever. I wonder how their love lives are going." Natsu said.

"You sounded like Mira. Are you sick?" I asked.

"What?" He asked.

"Do you want to go to the hospital?" I asked.

"What? No." He answered.

"I'm going to tell Sting," I told him.

"Please no. He's going to tease me forever for it." Natsu begged.

We made our way to school. It was quite a short walk as I teased Natsu. When Sting and Yukino came into sight, I ran to them. Natsu didn't really realize what I was doing until I started talking to Sting.

"Natsu had officially turned into Mira," I told them.

"No, I haven't," Natsu shouted.

"He started wondering about everyone's love life," I said. "I swear he went to Mira and asked for some advice."

Natsu tried to cover my mouth. I peeled it off and began to ramble about all the Mira-like things he'd done.

"That's the end of it." I finished.

"My dignity has been peeled off and driven over by a tractor multiple times," Natsu muttered.

I gave him a small smile. He cheered up slightly.

"Well, sometimes I wonder if you're worse than Mira and I," Yukino said.

"Nope. I am not on your levels. I'm never going there." Natsu told her firmly.

"Sure," Yukino responded.

"Oh come on Yukino. Don't do this." Natsu said as we entered the building.

We watched them go back and forth. It was honestly amusing. We entered the class and they stopped bickering. He seems happy at least. The periods passed until the last one. I couldn't focus on the last period before lunch.

I'd have to take care of Happy because he can't follow Natsu. His house would probably be taken care of by someone else whom I didn't know. I need to find a way to check up on him in the summer. It was probably impossible but I could ask. Natsu tapped on my shoulder.

"Huh?" I asked.

"It's lunch." He answered.

"Zoned out. Sorry." I told him and grabbed my books.

We went to the cafeteria and sat down.

"You guys heard about the sleepover I presume," Yukino said.

"Unfortunately." We both said.

"Mira probably already knows. She's supernatural. I'm telling you." Sting said with food in his mouth.

"That's what I said," Natsu told Sting.

"I'm excited." Yukino burst out with, showing a cheeky smile.

"Of course you are." Sting, Natsu and I said.

"I haven't talked to anyone in forever so I haven't been really updated. Mira tells me the most important things. I need the actual details." Yukino continued.

"Of course you do," Sting muttered.

Yukino turned sad for a split second before her expression changed back. Natsu looked like she caught it but Sting didn't.

"Have you guys been studying?" I asked to try and change the subject.

"I have. I'm going to do some extra studying after the sleepover but I feel ready. I don't want to jinx myself though." Sting said.

"Same here," Yukino said.

My diversion for the conversation worked and they seemed happier. The end of lunch quickly came by and so did the end of the day. I couldn't really say I was looking forward to tomorrow because I wasn't. It would be nice to meet up with everybody after such a long time.

I'm lying. I'm slightly excited for tomorrow.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
I feel sad right now so have this chapter so yay!

Sequel? Anyone?

Anyways I hope you enjoyed and I hope to see you in the next chapter.

Ciao.