Chapter 57: Helping

Natsu P.O.V
Tuesday May 18th

I was already headed to Lucy's house as usual. I was carrying Happy like normal. He was fidgeting a lot. For a cat he sure is energetic. He probably caught it from Plue. I stopped at Lucy's door and opened it with my key. I could hear the TV on so I quietly closed the door and headed to the living room. No one was there. I could hear someone coming downstairs so I went away from the living room until I was sure she was there.

"LUCY!" I shouted and ran towards her.

She dodged me completely causing me to stumble and nearly fall onto the TV.

"Why'd you dodge it?" I asked.

"Believe it or not I'm not a fan of being tackled." She answered.

"Oh." I simply said.

She hit me lightly on the head.

"Don't look down. Next time I won't dodge it okay?" She told me.

"Yeah." I said, softly smiling.

"Let's hurry and get to school. I want to see just how awkward it is between Sting and Yukino." She said.

We began our journey to school. It didn't take quite as long as I had hoped.

"It's good to be back." Lucy sarcastically said when we entered the school.

I laughed.

We grabbed our books and headed to the classroom. They both hadn't arrived yet. It was just Lucy and I in the classroom. For some reason, I felt awkward. Lucy was just talking to me like normal. I felt strange that it was just the two of us even when this was normal.

Lucy snapped her fingers in front of my face and snapped me out of it.

"Too busy thinking about me I see." Lucy teased.

"It's not like that." I said, feeling my face grow warmer.

"I'm not serious. No need to get so embarrassed." Lucy laughed.

The laugh made my heart slightly quicken and I felt warm inside. I smiled too. The bell rang and I reluctantly left Lucy's desk. Sting and Yukino came separately into the classroom and sat down. The teacher started the lesson but all I could hear Lucy's laugh replaying in my head.

I needed to stop. I needed to focus but I couldn't. It just kept replaying. Ugh Lucy what are you doing to me?. Lucy was also tapping her fingers meaning she was thinking about something. It was most likely related to Sting and Yukino. I could feel the awkwardness from here. The classes went by slowly and it looked like they were getting more nervous as it went towards Lunch.

They're probably worried I'm how they are going to communicate in which I had brilliant solution to. When lunch rolled around, we both went to our lockers as usual. I quickly grabbed my lunch and headed to Lucy. While she was grabbing lunch, I decided to tell her my idea which she probably wouldn't accept. She hates there.

"So Lucy, I was wondering if we could eat in the cafeteria with Sting and Yukino." I asked.

"Why?" She asked.

"Well it's only until they solve their awkwardness. I feel bad just leaving them to deal with it. They seemed to only grow more nervous as time passed. I don't think they have the courage or can overcome the awkwardness or their situation just yet so I thought we could give them a little push." I explained.

"Way to drop that speech on me. You know you don't have to be so uptight about this. It's fine I don't really care. We can go give them that little push." Lucy said.

"Really?" I asked.

"Yeah. What makes you think I was lying?" She asked.

"Nothing." I answered.

We started to head towards the cafeteria. This would be good for Sting, Yukino and Lucy. For some reason, she's avoided the cafeteria like the plague. She most likely sees this place as an unpleasant place for private reasons. I just need to show her that it's not as bad as she makes it seem. We entered to find it really noisy.

"It's been a while since I've been here." Lucy whispered beside me.

I barely caught it over the noise. My hearing comes in usual at times like these. We spotted them at a table. We reached there to find them awkwardly trying to talk to each other.

"Sup." Lucy said when we reached the table. "You don't mind if we sit here right?"

"We don't mind!" They both exclaimed.

We took our seat and started talking with them. It didn't seem so awkward. They didn't talk to each other once when we came so they have a long way to go. The rest of the day seemed to pass by quicker than the morning.

We left the school and headed towards the house.

"They're so awkward around each other even by my own standards." She said.

"Yeah..." I said not really knowing what to say.

"Well it might take a while but I think they can return to how it was before. A group exercise may help them where they are forced to communicate." Lucy stretched.

"Well we might as call Mira then." I suggested.

"Why?" She asked.

"She's good at this stuff." I answered. "She put together these sleepovers and she plans events events for her school too."

"We can just tell her at work." Lucy said.

We reached the house and opened the door. Lucy crashed on the couch again. Happy and Plue were on the floor, sleeping. Lucy went to them and lay on the floor with them. Within minutes, she was also asleep. I couldn't help but find the view before me to be adorable.

She was sleeping with Plue and Happy. Nothing could get better than this. I watched them for a few minutes feeling warmth spread through me. Not the fever maybe something else. I just need to pinpoint in. I'll wake her up when it's time to go to work. Until then I'll leave her.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
I'm excited for the next chapter. :)))))). My phone is going to die soon so I have to go. Also someone tagged me and I can't find it any more so if you can just comment so I can see your profile.

I'm going on a 3hr car drive which I will probably sleep through but if I don't, expect an update.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed and I hope to see you in the next chapter.