Chapter 23: New Year

Natsu P.O.V
Tuesday, Dec 31st

It's New Years Eve, about 12 hours until New Years Day.

I was headed to Lucy's house with Happy.

I knocked on the door and it swung open, I guess she forgot to lock it.

I entered and locked the door.

I looked around trying to find Lucy and concluded she might still be sleeping.

A little smile tugged at my lips. I set Happy down and snuck slowly into Lucy's room.

There was a body shape on the bed so I crept next to it and began tickling the person in the bed.

Lucy giggled, then burst out into full on laughter.

"Natsu....stop" She struggled to say.

"Magic word" I said simply.

"I'm.....dying" She replied.

"Close enough" I say.

I stop tickling her to find her breathing hard.

"Were you trying to kill me?" She asked angrily.

"No, just trying to get you out of bed" I answered.

"It's still early though" She complained.

"It's 12!" I exclaimed in disbelief.

"It's the only vacation we're getting in a while and I'm taking advantage of it" She said getting out of her bed.

"But it's New Years Eve, don't you want to spend the last day of the year to its fullest" I stood up pumped.

"No" She replied shortly.

She crawled back into her bed and lay the blankets on herself.

I ripped the blankets off her.

"Give me back my blanket" Lucy pouted, probably not caring for her pride.

I loosened my grip on the blanket a little and it was snatched out of my hands.

She placed the blanket back on the bed and crawled into it.

I let out an annoyed sigh.

"And here I was thinking we'd go somewhere to celebrate the last day of the year" I said walking towards the exit to Lucy's room.

"Where?" I heard a tiny voice ask.

"It's not like it's important, you're not going to get out of your bed, maybe I'll go to the dojo to train some more" I contemplated.

Lucy got out of her bed and followed me downstairs.

"Your curiosity overcomes your laziness" I laughed while saying.

"Where were you going to take me?" She asked.

"To the arcade!!!" I exclaimed pumped.

Lucy looked at me confused.

"You've been dragged to go shopping, to help with ships and to a party. I thought since you seem to have and obsession with games I could take you to an actual arcade" I stated excitedly.

"I guess that sounds fun" She said yawning.

"Then go get dressed" I said excitedly. "After the arcade, we can go to Laxus' s house to have the final countdown to the New Year"

Lucy stopped walking.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'd like to go home after the arcade, thanks" She replied after a while.