Chapter 33: Pick up lines

Natsu P.O.V
Tuesday Feb 5th

Valentine's day is going to be the day when Lucy and I are going to eat outside under the love trees. I decided that on my own. I don't know why but I've been anticipating this. A smile graced my face as I waited for Lucy to come downstairs. It was a school day and this girl had slept through her alarm. Now she's rushing to get ready while I relax.

I heard footsteps running towards me. Lucy was ready and changed. We began to walk to school.

"Hey Lucy so have you sat under one of those trees outside?" I asked suddenly.

"I mean I didn't do it last year so I guess not" Lucy answered.

"So this month will be your first time" I exclaimed excitedly.

"Yeah I guess" Lucy said.

"That's good, I would want your first time sitting under those trees to be with me instead of some other person" I said.

"Did you just get jealous of a non existent person?" Lucy asked laughing.

"Yes I did, that non existent person can go away because you won't want to sit under the tree with them" I answered feeling proud.

"What if I want to sit with them?" Lucy asked teasing me.

"Well then as soon as you exit the school, I'll push him towards bushes so that he won't make it near the trees" I answered.

"Man whoever gets you as a boyfriend needs to watch out, you are one overprotective person" Lucy teased.

I felt myself smile.

"Until I'm ready to settle with a girl, I'll be your overprotective person" I said smiling.

"That's cute Natsu but save your pickup lines for your future girlfriend" Lucy said.

"I have some in stock, I just need to test some out first just to you know guage your reaction" I burst out.

Lucy gave me a soft smile. I could feel my face heating up just the tiniest, unnoticeable bit.

"We better hurry Natsu or we'll be late for school" Lucy informed me.

"I know, I know" I said as we began to jog faster to school.

We reached school really quickly. I had realized Leo had been quiet this whole month. Most days he wasn't at school. I don't think I've seen him this month.

I walked with Lucy to her locker right after we got my books.

"It's been a while" Leo said.

A group of girls turned to watch this conversation. They were probably eyeing Leo or me. Lucy didn't answer but continued to bring out her books.

"I feel rejected" Leo said placing a hand over his heart.

Lucy mumbled something to herself that I didn't quite catch.

"What do you need Leo?" Lucy finally asked.

"Well I came to say hi, I haven't seen you in a while so yeah" Leo answered.

"So you just came to say hello?" Lucy questioned.

"Pretty much yeah" Leo answered.

"Hello to you too" Lucy said.

A silence came upon the conversation. Thankfully the bell rang and we were able to escape that silence. We reached class silently sneaking to our seats.

"So how has everyone's February been going?" The teacher asked.

"Good" grumbled all of the students.