Chapter 34: Valentine Troubles

Lucy P.O.V
Sunday Feb 10th

It's 4 days before Valentine's Day and I got a call from Mira saying we should hang out and that the girls would be coming. I had especially told Natsu that I'd be going with them and he shouldn't come to my house. He insisted that he would walk me to Mira's house so we're walking right now.

"You know Natsu, you don't have to walk me" I told him.

"But I want to" He replied.

"They're going to interrogate me so much and I bet their shipping shrine is going to become bigger" I told him.

"It's not like it can grow any bigger" Natsu said softly.

"That doesn't escape the fact that I'm going to be interrogated" I told him.

"It's fine as long as you answer the questions but not let too much information to be said like how I do it" Natsu advised me.

"And may I say how much of a good job you're doing" I sarcastically said.

A smile crossed his face.

"I know" Natsu said back.

We reached Mira's house shortly after that. I rang the bell telling Natsu to leave. I heard footsteps and the shifting of the door locks. Lisanna answered the door smiling as she saw Natsu with me.

"Hello Lucy, Hi Natsu" She said cheerfully.

She was in her pajamas same as me and I entered. Natsu gave me a surprise back hug telling me to stay safe and don't die. I waved goodbye to Natsu. I almost forgot to mention that Plue was with me as well and Happy was with Natsu. I set Plue down as he followed me into Mira's room. Everyone said hi. A smile seemed to appear on Mira's face as Lisanna whispered something in her ear.

"So Lucy, you enjoy back hugs?" Mira asked.

I sighed knowing this tease wouldn't stop. I took a seat next to Wendy who seemed to be a little down.

"So girls, who's ready for Valentine's?" Mira asked.

A bunch of murmurs went throughout the room.

"Oh come on, I thought everyone would be glad about this" Mira whined.

"So what's wrong?" Lisanna asked.

Levy looked disappointed, Wendy seemed down, Erza seemed chirpier than usual, Evergreen seemed in a good mood, Yukino was cracking her fingers, Juvia was biting her tongue in anticipation and I just smiled like nothing was wrong.

"Ok so Levy, Wendy, Yukino and Juvia need counseling, Evergreen and Erza need to tell me why they're in such a good mood and Lucy needs to elaborate on what happened at the door" Mira told us.

Lisanna brought a notebook out.

"So Levy what's on your mind?" She asked.

"Gajeel and I aren't doing anything for Valentine's" Levy blurted out. "I was really excited about it and then he told me that maybe we shouldn't do anything for Valentine's Day"

"Aww that's sad" Evergreen said.

"I kind of knew to expect this but I got my hopes up" Levy said.

"Maybe you could convince him to atleast do a chocolate exchange even if you're the only one giving him chocolate okay?" Lisanna advised.

"Okay" Levy said.

"Now unto Wendy, what do you have for us?" Mira asked.

"Can I go last please?" Wendy asked softly still not looking up.