Chapter 43: Fixed

Lucy P.O.V
Friday March 22nd

I had basically avoided Natsu the whole week. The air in the classroom was awkward. Surprisingly, Yukino and Sting hadn't tried to ask what was going on. It seemed like they knew what was going on. Natsu probably told them. It's back to how it was in the beginning. It's just me and Inner. It should be easy to go back to how it was but it's not. I had become way too attached to how that felt and how nice it was that it feels weird sitting alone.

It's the period after Lunch. I've caught Natsu staring at me a bunch of times but I pretend not to notice. Almost like he wants to say something. The bell rang and I headed quickly to the next period, sitting down. I just wanted this week to be over. Mira called me over tonight for something. She said she got someone to cover my shift and would even go to my house and grab Plue.

She's probably heard of what happened between Natsu and I. It's no surprise. I feel like she's always watching her ships progress. Its kind of creepy.

Wouldn't say creepy. More like dedication.

To you maybe. You seem to ship us. Why are we talking about this? It's not important anymore.

I personally don't think it's ended. My ship will live on.

Whatever you say.

The rest of the day passed by quickly. I rushed out of the classroom and was out of the school fast. I jogged home fast and closed the door behind me. I looked around. Plue wasn't here. I guess Mira had already come and taken him which is nice I guess. I left the window open so she could. I made myself some food before settling down to do it homework. I couldn't focus. It was too quiet without anyone to distract me.

I eventually gave up and threw the homework across the room. I had gotten way too attached and completely disregarded the fact that he might just be gone one day. My phone rang. I picked it up.

"LUCY HELP PLUE IS GOING CRAZY" Mira shouted.

I quickly got my jacket and rushed to Mira's house. The whole place was a mess. I entered the room with the most noise. Plue was growling. Everything was torn up. I quickly calmed Plue down stroking his fur. I carried him in my arms.

"Sorry about that, I don't know what might have triggered that but something did." I apologized.

"Don't worry about it, can you help us clean up the messes?" Mira asked.

It took us around an hour and a half to clean up all the mess while Plue slept. When we were done, Mira dragged me to an empty room with a chair in the middle.

"Sit" She commanded.

I took my seat knowing what was about to happen.

"So I heard you and Natsu had a fight." Mira started.

Knew it. I avoided eye contact. Mira pulled my cheeks.

"It's just some silly argument that you guys need to get over" Mira continued. "It's pointless to fight over something like this"

"Its seems pointless to you. It's not to me" I answered.

"From my sources, it also seems you wouldn't give Natsu some information he wanted and it lead to a greater fight. Would you mind telling me?" She asked.

"Like I told Natsu, I'll tell you. That information is of no concern to you" I told her.

"Fixing this seems like it's going to take a while" Mira said sighing.

"Why are you trying to do this Mira? Is it because of your ships?" I asked looking up at her expressionless.

"I'm not that obsessed as to do this for my own personal pleasure. It's more like I'm doing this for Natsu. He got quite attached to you. Don't want to see him sad is all" Mira answered.

"Sad?" I asked.

"Natsu is the type of person to lose friends easily. He gets depressed but plays it off as nothing when he loses friends. We've been with him for a long time so we've passed through hard times with him but it makes me especially mad that we can't go to the same school as him" Mira said.

"Because of his sickness?" I guessed.

"He told you about that?" She asked.

"Yeah a while back in like October or something" I answered.

"Trusted you for that long huh? He normally doesn't tell people" She told me. "Also maybe with this information you'll consider hanging out together again"

"I don't know really, you just made me feel really bad for him" I said.

"You're kind of acting like those characters that don't reveal their true feelings. You guys should make up already. Natsu himself requested that I help him" Mira informed me.

"He did?" I asked.

"Wasn't supposed to tell you that. Eh doesn't really matter. He even hugged Lisanna from behind and buried his nose in her neck but said it wasn't the same as with you. It was adorable" Mira said.

"So I'm his pillow" I concluded annoyed.

"No you're his best friend. Also if you really didn't want to make up with him, why haven't you taken off the matching bracelets that you and Natsu got together?" Mira asked.

I remained silent.

Yes we're back on track baby.

"Maybe I'll do it when I see him next" I said looking down hiding that slight blush.

"Not needed" Mira said. "Isn't that right Natsu?"

The door swung open revealing the salmon haired boy. He was looking at me with puppy eyes.

"Lucy I'm sorry" He said. "It's been really weird without you. You don't even have to tell me about the Leo thing if you don't want to. I just want to go back to being best friends."

I smiled.

"Sure that's fine with me too. It's also been weird without you. Unexpectedly quiet actually. I'm sorry for snapping at you." I apologized.

"It's fixed. This is why you always got to trust Mama Mira. She fixes relationships in no time" Mira shouted disturbing the moment.

We both laughed. I didn't hear the last line because of Inner but Natsu did. He didn't bother to correct Mira though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Had no school today so I decided to update. But first I had a nice long nap. Nalu is getting pushed in the right direction. Hope the apology wasn't too quick or sudden. I'm not even going to promise a time for the next chapter.

Also can we just take a moment to applaud me for remembering the month that Natsu told Lucy about his sickness without looking?

Anyways I hope you enjoyed the chapter and I hope to see you in the next chapter.

Ciao.