Chapter 69.5: Soon

Natsu P.O.V
Sunday, June 13th

I'm at my house right now. I left Lucy's house with a smile. I've got a little while until I leave. I've got to at least make it count. I stood up from my bed and Happy followed me to the bathroom. He seemed sleepy still so I held him in my arms. I quickly got ready for the day. I was about to leave the house when I heard my phone ringing. I picked it up.

"I feel like I haven't heard from you in a long time. How are you doing Natsu?" The caller said?

"Fine. I'm doing fine. Do you need something?" I asked in an indifferent tone.

"You're being so cold Natsu. I was just checking to see how you were." He said.

"Do you want something else? If not, I'm going somewhere and need to start heading out immediately." I told him.

"Fine. You haven't forgotten right?" He asked.

"No," I answered.

"A car will come and pick you up at your house on June 27th. I know you end school on the 25th so you can tie up any loose ends you have." He explained.

"Is there any way for you to extend it to July 1st?" I asked.

"No can do. Sorry." He answered.

"Okay," I said.

The line cut off.

I won't be there for Lucy's birthday. I sighed and began to head Lucy's house. Happy was, surprisingly, sleeping. He must have slept horribly. I reached Lucy's house and felt an incredible amount of nervousness build up. I put my hand on the doorknob and walked in.

"You took your sweet time," Lucy noted, with a bowl of cereal in her hand.

"Sorry." I apologized.

"What's wrong?" She asked.

"Huh?" I said.

"You look annoyed and slightly angry." She answered my question.

"You noticed?" I asked.

"Well yeah. Why wouldn't I?" She asked while eating the cereal.

"No reason. I got a call concerning when I leave..." I started.

"What about it?" She asked softly.

"I'm leaving a little earlier than I had hoped. On the 27th." I continued.

"We'll have to spend that time wisely right?" She asked.

"You're not bothered?" I asked.

"About what?" Lucy asked.

"Your birthday is July 1st and I won't be there to celebrate it," I answered.

"Oh yeah. I normally forget about my birthday and don't celebrate it. Don't worry about it." She said as she made her way to the couch.

I followed her. She was still standing for some reason.

"That's not good," I told her softly.

She placed her bowl of cereal on the table.

"Next year I promise I'll celebrate my birthday so don't worry about it. I'll only celebrate with you and the others all here." Lucy told me softly as she ruffled my hair.

"I guess that's fine," I told her, a tint of red on my cheek.

"Good. Back to breakfast." She said.

I sighed and back hugged her. She jumped slightly, not expecting it. At that moment, I grabbed her cereal and ran to her kitchen to grab my spoon. Lucy is weird so she doesn't use milk with her cereal.

"Hey! Give me back my cereal." She shouted.

I let out a small laugh. Happy looked at me weird as I shoved the cereal down and finished it while hiding from her. She eventually found me and she wasn't happy. She made me cook her more food. I love making memories like this.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
Was lacking inspiration so I wanted to post a short chapter to get the juices flowing I guess.

I don't have school today. I'm lucky.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed and I hope to see you again in the next chapter.

Ciao.