Chapter 45: Natsu's embarrassing words

Lucy P.O.V
Saturday April 6th

It's Saturday so I'm doing what I normally do on Saturdays. Play video games. I've seriously being playing games for the last 4 hours. I had woken up at 4am and have been playing since. I went to sleep around 2am so you probably know that I am highly sleep deprived. I probably look really tired. I had drank a lot of coffee when I woke up so I was highly energetic.

Natsu should probably be coming here soon. It's already 8 on a Saturday. He's unexpectedly late today. I had finally cleared the whole dungeon. I set down the controller, cracking my fingers. I heard my stomach growl. I paused the game and went to my kitchen. Plue had grown bigger since I got him. He was still as cute though. I put out food for him as he began to eat.

I began to eat my breakfast quickly before running back to the couch and reaching for the controller to finish. I only had a few more dungeons to go before I finish. I felt a hug from behind before I could unpause.

"Hey Natsu" I said.

"Sorry I'm late, I overslept" He apologized.

"You don't have to apologize for oversleeping" I told him.

Natsu reached for my chin turning me towards him. He frowned.

"I don't have to apologize for oversleeping but you definitely need to apologize for undersleeping" He said.

"It's fine. It's Saturday. Saturday only comes once a week so enjoy it while you can" I told him before turning back to the TV.

"If you keep undersleeping, I'll start to get worried" Natsu said wrapping his arms back around my neck not tightly.

"Yeah Yeah I'll try and take your advice. No promise on that one though" I told him.

I could feel him getting worried.

"Don't get so worried. After this, I'll go back to sleep. You just have to promise to wake me up when I have to go to work" I told him.

I looked to see him smile.

"Yeah I promise" He said. "So what are you doing?"

"I've got a few dungeons left" I told him pressing the play button.

"I'll go grab popcorn" He told me.

He came back soon after, watching me play. Around halfway through one of the more difficult dungeons, Natsu decided that he wanted to distract me. He lay his head on my lap looking up at me.

"Natsu, this is a hard dungeon. Can you get off my lap?" I asked.

"But it's comfortable" He said.

"That's nice, now please get off. This is one of the two last dungeons and if I don't beat it. I'll have to start over again" I told him.

His mood seemed to worsen.

"When I'm going to sleep, you can sleep next to me if you want to if you get off now" I told him.

He got off really quick, still sitting next to me. His mood seemed to brighten after that.

I don't even know why I try to make this boy happier. He's probably doing this on purpose. But I guess it doesn't matter. He'll stop me from falling off the bed from the other side. That's the only reason.

I continued paying until I was done. When I was done, I saved and logged out, turning off the TV as I threw the controller across the room. 6 hours of straight gameplay. I would play for the whole day but I promised Natsu and I don't think my body has enough stamina to stay awake anymore. Natsu was sleeping on the floor. He had fallen asleep a few minutes after I told him that he could sleep behind me.

I crouched down hurting Natsu lightly on his cheek. He groaned but didn't wake up. My eyes softened as I stared at the salmon haired boy in front of me. I grabbed Natsu's hand to try and pull him off but I was the one pulled down. I wrapped on the floor in Natsu's arm. I was beyond exhausted but I got in his arm.

"Don't struggle Lucy" Natsu said softly.

"So you're awake" I said.

"Not really" He answered.

"Let go of me. I'm tired and need my bed" I said.

"Just sleep here" He told me.

"No thanks" I exclaimed.

"You were being really cute and focused when you were playing video games but even cute people need rest so sleep" Natsu told me before falling back asleep.

"What an idiot" I said softly.

I could feel my face flush slightly before falling asleep. When I woke up, Natsu wasn't there. He had probably woken up before me. I stood up, hearing the washing of plates. I made my way to the kitchen. Natsu had just finished washing the plates. He turned around and was startled a little.

"You scared me Lucy" He told me.

"Didn't you hear me walk in?" I asked.

"I did. Just a little ruffled by the dream I had" He told me.

I smiled.

"Did that dream by any chance have you calling me cute and focused while playing video games?" I asked.

"How did you know?" He exclaimed.

"Oh sweetie that wasn't a dream. That happened" I teased.

"Nooooooooo, don't tease me about it. It was a dream. I didn't mean to talk out loud" He said.

"Did I really look so cute?" I asked teasing him.

"Just let me die in peace. I don't want to be teased" He said falling onto the carpet.

I crouched in front of him.

"It's okay. It's hard to resist me I know, I'll try and tone down the cuteness" I said. "You should also take that advice. It was pretty obvious you wanted attention. You were acting adorable"

I laughed and stood up looking down at Natsu's red face.

"I'm so embarrassed I want to die on this floor" He said.

I headed back to the living room laughing before I was hugged from behind by Natsu.

Natsu sure has become more of an attention seeker. I could get used to this. It'll be easy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N
I'm doing good. It's still April 30th so I'm trying to write when I'm inspired. I'm trying to make cute moments but as you can see, I cannot write them to save my life. I need to read more books to see cute moments.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed and I hope to see you in the next chapter.

Ciao.