Chapter 35: Valentine's Day

Lucy P.O.V
Thursday Feb 14th

It's Valentine's Day and we're in school, sitting in the classroom waiting for the bell to ring to signify first period. We had come early because Natsu wanted to and we had to wait extra minutes for the bell to ring. He was taking a nap while I was just watching the clock bored. Yukino entered the room looking excited.

"Okay so Lucy I have the perfect Valentine's Day planned, I'm so excited" Yukino gushed.

"Congrats" I said unexcitedly.

"You really don't have anything planned do you?" She asked.

"Nope I'm going to go home after this and sleep" I answered.

"Well maybe something unexpected will happen" Yukino winked.

I turned around to find Natsu staring at me intently. As soon as we made eye contact he looked away pretending to be doing something else.

"What do you know?" I asked.

"Nothing, it's just shippers instinct" She answered smiling.

I rolled my eyes. The bell rung soon after that and Yukino proceeded to her seat. The teacher entered chirpier than usual.

"Hello students" The teacher said.

A chorus of hellos followed that. The class started and I begun to pay attention most of the time. I found Natsu staring at me a couple times, he seemed to be having an internal debate.

The first period ended and I walked out of the room. I waited for Natsu outside. He walked out and we began to head to second period.

"So why are you being really awkward?" I asked trying to let him hear me over the noise.

"No reason, I just woke up awkward today" He answered trying to maneuver around students.

That got a chuckle out of me. We arrived at second period. We entered the classroom. The bell quickly rung after that. This pattern of me catching Natsu staring at me and then looking away carried in until Lunch.

Our last period before Lunch finally ended.

"Natsu stay after class, I need to talk to you" The teacher announced.

Natsu looked up in surprise. He walked next to my desk telling me to wait outside for him but not close enough to hear anything. I nodded and left the classroom.

I walked to my locker and grabbed my lunch and went back to the classroom. Now being the curious person that I am failed to follow the don't listen in part so I listened in.

"They want to talk to me?" Natsu asked. "Why?"

"The specifics haven't been given, you just have to go and meet up with them now" The teacher answered.

"I haven't done anything suspicious though" Natsu complained.

"Like I said I don't know who they are or what they want from you but in just telling you this because the principal told me to" The teacher stated firmly.

"Why today of all days?" Natsu asked annoyed. "Why can't it be any other day?"

"Natsu I suggest you grab your bag and work and go meet them now" The teacher said.

"I know I'm going" Natsu said.

At that I moved farther away from the door and pretended to be on my phone.

"Hey Lucy" Natsu said disappointed.

"Yeah?" I asked.

"I have to go to do something out of school, that's what the teacher said" Natsu said.