16. Payback is a Mother

"Whoa."

That was the only word the Ling managed to breath out as his eyes landed on Rin's naked body. He eyed him like hungry coyote, taking in the sight of his smooth, hairless skin. His body was slim, complementing the way his butt curved out---all round and beautiful. The blush on his face and the way that he was looking at him all embarrassed as he took the towel from his head and covered himself with it...

'Whoa' was right.

"Would you stop staring at me?!"

He blinked at the sound of Rin's voice as it kicked him out of his trance. The baseball captain turned away, clearing his throat as he swallowed some of the drool that had pooled into his mouth. "I'm sorry. I called but no one answered so I just came by. The door was open." he explained. Rin quickly pulled a pair of pajama pants over his lower body, cheeks still burning from embarrassment.

"Did you stop to think that I was sleeping? It's fucking five in the morning." he pointed. Ling felt silly, looking over at the clock to see that it was, in fact, almost five in the morning. "I didn't check the time! You seemed upset when you left so after talking with my friend, I figured I'd make sure you were okay. I really am sorry." he reiterated. Rin could tell that he was being honest from the look of sincerity on his face and decided to let it go. The kid meant well.

"It's okay. I wasn't upset, Ling, really. Even though he did kind ruin our fun." he said, sitting next to him on the bed. Ling turned to face him again, smiling apologetically. "I realized that as well and I would like to make it up to you. How about we go see a movie tomorrow evening?" he offered. Rin rolled his eyes. "Why, so Russell can pop up and ruin it again? I felt like a third wheel." he said. Ling frowned, unhappy with the fact that Rin seemed so displeased.

"That's no good. This is supposed to be a vacation for you. If it'll make you happy, I'll leave my phone. That way no one will bother us!"

Rin smiled. He really was trying hard.

Such a sweet kid.

"Alright, alright, we'll go see a movie. But I wanna ask you something, Ling." he said. Ling smiled, nodding at him to go on with his question.

"What's your involvement with that Russell guy?"

If Russell was really as bad off as Yukio said, then why would he have a kid like Ling as a 'friend'? Did he send Ling after him knowing that Rin was Yukio's brother?

"Russell gave me an internship, as well a scholarship, through his father's company when I graduated high school. He knew that I came here from China alone, so they agreed to help me. He needed some information on competition for the company. That is all there is to it. We are not romantically involved if that's what you are thinking."

Of course, he thought Rin was jealous.

The older man let out a soft chuckle. "Baby boy, fuck who you want. I'm not worried about that. I'm just worried that such a good kid like you is hanging out with such shady old fuckers. Stay good, okay? The world has enough janky motherfuckers around." He said, poking the teen's cheek. Ling leaned a little closer to Rin, grabbing his hand and resting it on his chest.

Right over his quick-beating heart.

"I wish we could have met on different terms. I would have loved to have had the privilege of falling in love with you."

"Ling."

The teen moved in closer, kissing Rin on the forehead before standing up.

"Get some sleep. I'll bug you later. Sweet dreams, Rin."