23. Over It

When Ling woke up that morning, he was in bed alone. He could hear noises coming from the kitchen. Pots and pans clanking about and the kitchen sink running. The sound of the TV going and the laughter of children in the living room.

He looked over on the dresser to see that his clothes were clean and folded neatly, along with a washcloth and a towel. He got up, stretching at he made his way over to grab them and head for the shower.

What was he doing with his life?

He had originally come here to get an education...to get a degree in business so that he could open up opportunities for people like him back home. Somehow he joined the mafia---which he was now sure to be excommunicated from---and he was having threesomes with a married couple that he had a crush on. It was like one of those weird lifetime movies. At first, he felt ashamed. Now, he was pretty okay with everything...mostly because he got to meet Rin and was now a part of his life.

At least he hoped it would stay that way.

#

"Does it hurt?"

"It stings...I don't think anything was torn, I just think that the rough treatment was a little much for me."

Shima sighed, massaging Yukio's butt cheeks as the brunette laid on his chest. There wasn't much that he could do about the limo and those bruises. All he could do was offer pain killers until they healed on their own. He bandaged the bruises himself, making sure not to wrap them too tight in order to keep Yukio comfortable.

His poor little Yuki.

"If I could, I'd bring that asshole back and kill him again."

Yukio grimmaced at the thought of it. He didn't think that Russell was a bad person.

Bat-shit crazy, but not a bad person.

It made him sad to see Shima unload on him like that, but not sad enough that he would regret any of it. Karma's a bitch.

Russell just had to learn the hard way.

"Let's not bring this up anymore, please. It's making me nauseous." He requested. Shima grunted a response, nodding in agreement. "Sure, baby. Get some sleep, I'm not going anywhere until you're better."

#

When Ling found his way to the kitchen, the table had already been set with a spot for him. Bon was sitting at the table reading a newspaper and Rin was tending to the dishes. Ling sat down, taking a bite of his breakfast wearily.

"Holy crap, this is amazing!"

Rin let out a chuckle, finishing the last bit of the dishes. "Thanks, hon." he said, drying his hands before facing him. Ling couldn't believe that Rin had cooked this. No wonder Bon had snatched him up so quickly! He was so perfect...

"We wanna talk to you about something, Ling."

Bon folded the newspaper, eyeing his children as they ran into the kitchen and out again.

"Aimi! No running in the house, Princess, you know the rules."

The toddler made a noise that sounded like an apology, setting her brother down in front of the TV. Bon looked over at Ling again, wearing that same frown that he always wore. Ling could never tell what he was feeling.

Rin sat down next to him, smiling.

"So, do you wanna be my boyfriend?"

The teenager was extremely confused, looking at Bon as he desperately tried to make sense of the question. Bon looked at him, almost apologetically, before telling Rin to stop talking.