A fresh start

It was another beautiful day in the Pride Lands, on the peak of Pride Rock, the great King Simba was admiring the sunrise. "Ah another beautiful day in my beautiful kingdom,"  said Simba to himself.
"It is beautiful, isn't it?" said a female voice behind him. Simba whirled around and saw his Queen Nala.

He smiled at her and padded over to give her a morning nuzzle. "Yes it is, and it's even more beautiful now that you're here," Nala blushed at the compliment and just as she was about to make a remark, she heard a yawn behind her. She and Simba turned around and saw Kovu exit the den.

Kovu was the adopted son of Zira. He and his pride used to live in the outlands, a dry, barren, hot, termite infested land outside the Pride Lands. There was hardly any food and any food they had was for the cubs or expecting mothers. Just a day ago the pride landers and outsiders were locked in a horrific battle to kill each other. But Kovu and Kiara stopped them just in time. Peace was restored to the Pride Lands once again.

 "Morning Simba, morning Nala," said Kovu yawning.
"Good morning Kovu," said Nala smiling. "Good morning Kovu," said Simba. "How did you sleep last night?"
"Great thanks," replied Kovu. "I'm just going to check on Kiara okay?"
"Okay, go ahead," said Nala with a smile. Nala had purple eyes and a golden fur colour, Simba had red eyes and like Nala, he also had a  golden fur colour. 

"Umm, excuse me," said a lioness behind them. The three turned their heads and saw who spoke, it was Kovu's little sister Vitani. "Hi Tani," said Kovu smiling at her. "Hey Kovu how are you doing?" Vitani greeted her brother. "I'm good,  have you seen Nala and Simba?" 

"Oh yes, of course,"  said Vitani bowing. "Good morning your majesties, I apologise greatly for not acknowledging your presence."
 "Good morning Vitani," said Simba and Nala in unison. "Isn't the sunrise beautiful Vitani?" asked Nala hoping to lighten up the mood. "It is your majesty," said Vitani with a small smile. "There is no need for you to call me your majesty. You can just call me Nala." the older lioness replied.

"Okay Nala," replied Vitani. Kovu quietly slipped away wishing to give them some time to get properly acquainted. He walked  into the den and tried his hardest not to tread on a lioness accidentally. He finally reached his destination, the most beautiful lioness in the Pride Lands, the kindest creature on Earth and the cutest thing Kovu have ever seen, Kiara.

He nudged her gently and gave her a lick on her cheek hoping she would wake up. It worked, she opened her eyelids revealing to Kovu her gorgeous amber orbs. "Good morning handsome," said Kiara as she smiled at Kovu, making his heart beat furiously as he gazed at her beautiful form.

"Good morning beautiful," said Kovu softly. Kiara raised her head and gave Kovu a long and passionate nuzzle. He did the same. After a few minutes  of nuzzling, the pair decided to go to the watering hole. They quietly walked out of the den, and into the open air where Simba, Nala, Vitani, and another lioness named Katie were talking and laughing.

At the sight of her brother and Kiara, Vitani smirked and walked slowly over to the couple. "Well, well, well," said Vitani smiling wickedly. "If it isn't my favourite brother and his ravishing princess,"
Kiara laughed at the remark, Kovu just rolled his eyes and shook his head causing both lionesses to erupt in laughter. "Morning Mom, morning Daddy," said Kiara nuzzling her parents. "I'm going to the waterhole with Kovu to get a drink, I'll be back in a little while."

"Go ahead honey," said Simba. Kiara and Kovu made their way down the steps that led into the lush savannah and to the Northern waterhole to enjoy a refreshing drink. While they were drinking, Kovu was aware of someone's presence. He stopped drinking and listened when he heard the steps again, he turned around and pounced.

"Hey, what do you think you're doing!" yelled an angry voice. Kovu's face turned apple red, he recognized that voice anywhere.  "Marisa? It's only you, sorry," he said climbing off of the lioness under him. "Yeah it's alright Kovu," said Marisa smiling. Marisa was Kovu and Vitani's sister, she was just a few minutes older than him so they weren't really far apart. Kiara noticed the lioness and turned around.

"Oh hi there I'm Kiara," she said in a friendly tone. "I'm Marisa, nice to meet you, I heard you like my brother and the two of you are really close?" asked Marisa smirking. Kiara blushed and Kovu rolled his eyes.  "Oh for Kings sake," he groaned. The two lionesses began to laugh as Kovu to lightly hit his head against the nearest tree in annoyance with his sister's words.

"Why is Kovu beating up himself?" asked Vitani walking up to the three of them. When Kiara told her the reason, Vitani was rolling on the grass in hysterical laughter. The lionesses continued to mercilessly tease Kovu until finally he could take no more, he bolted in the direction of Pride Rock, hoping to shake them  off his tail if it was even a possibility.

Author's Note: Okay guys I fixed the atrocious errors in the first chapter and added appropriate punctuations and spaces where necessary. Sorry it took so long. The reason it was like that was because A New Life was actually the first story I wrote on Wattpad and I was just learning how to write on it so I was a little... eager and the chapter was written kinda hasty. Thanks for understanding ;)