Chapter 24

FAITH POV: Thankfully both Audrey and Dylan are better. It's been a couple of weeks now since both were sick. But all is good. We are approaching the Thanksgiving holiday. Tim and I are hosting it here. Just family. Tim's mom and sisters. My family couldn't make it this year, but we are going to Mississippi to visit them next week. They can't wait to meet Dylan. Speaking of Dylan, we heard that after the holidays, we have a court date for the adoption. So things are looking very good. I couldn't be happier. But I'm still nervous at the same time. I went to the grocery store to get everything I need for Thanksgiving, I got the turkey, all the veggies and stuff I need. I got home and put everything away. I walked in the living room and Tim was in there with Audrey. "Mommy!" "oh my sweet Audrey!" she came over to me. "You alright?" "yeah just can't wait for these holidays to be over. Even though we are so called off with working, things around here have just been crazy busy" "yeah I hear ya. But I am here" "I know" "you still thinking about the court date?" "yes! I'm really nervous about it" "honey don't be. I'm sure everything will be fine. If they haven't found a so called family member by now, there probably isn't any. And besides he doesn't want to leave" I smiled.