Chapter 40

FAITH POV: I was getting some things done around the house, when I heard the front door. I walked into the living room. "Hey you're home early" "yeah" "what happened?" I could see he was mad or upset about something. "Tim... " "have a seat" "alright" I sat down on the couch and he sat next to me. "I was at rehearsals when I got a call from...Kristine's mother" "you said she was dead?" "yeah I did, that's what I was told. Anyways, she asked me to meet her. So I did. I had to see if this woman is who she says she is" "Was she?" "yes!" "is she going to take him away from us?" "Faith he's our son. We officially adopted him. She can't do anything!" "but Tim, it's only been a few days. What if she files an appeal?" "I don't think she will" "But what if she does? I mean he's her grandson" "Faith, she's never seen him before" "What?" "yeah she said she didn't know about him" "how did she find out?" "I don't know, unless she read it in the paper or online about us adopting him" I didn't know what to think. All I know is, I can't lose Dylan. "Faith.." "I just don't know what I will do if we lose him" "we are not going to lose him. He's ours. He's our son! She can't do anything about that" "but Tim she can. If she gets a lawyer and files an appeal for the adoption, the judge can rethink it, especially since we only had him officially adopted for a few days" " How about this, let's not worry unless we have to. I will call Jeff to check if she can do anything" "okay" he then got up and went to call Jeff. I really hope she doesn't try to take him. I know one thing, I will never give him up, never!