Chapter 37

TIM POV: I walked in the house and Faith looked white as a ghost. "Honey.. What's wrong? You're white as a ghost?" "Tim have you ever met anyone in Kristine's family when you were dating her?" "well just her parents, why?" "What is her mom's name?" "Debbie why?" "Oh my god" "Tell what happened and why did you want to know Kristine's mom's name?" "Because she just called here" "What? But she told me she was dead" "Are you kidding me?" "no I wouldn't do that" "But you said you met her" "I did, but after a couple of months into dating, she told me her mom had died" "did she say from what?" "no then she went away for a couple of days which I'm assuming was her funeral" "you mean you didn't go with her?" "No she told me not to. That she wanted to be alone" "so you don't actually know her mom is dead?" "I.. I don't know. I only know from what she told me"  "Where did she live?" "here in Nashville" "Is there a way we can look her up?" "yeah, come on in my office" "but Audrey.." "Is she napping?" "yeah we will hear her. I'll leave the door open" "Okay" We walked in my office and put my computer on and tried to search her.  Nothing really was coming up. I Then tried to look up obituaries around the time Kristine told me her mom had died. I didn't find anything. "This is weird" "how?" "Nothing is coming up. So if she's alive, why would Kristine tell me she died?" "I don't know but something isn't right here" "Dylan never mentioned a grandmother either" "I wonder if he even knew" "yeah could be. We will just have to talk to him when he gets home"  "Tim I'm scared!" "I know baby, but this could all be a prank" "yeah I know and I thought of that especially the way she hung up" "how?" "Well I asked her how I knew if she was telling me the truth, and how she got my number and she just hung up" "look after tomorrow, he's officially ours. We are his parents" "but what if she..." "Then we will deal with it and we have our lawyer Jeff. They aren't going to just hand him over to her without proof of who she is, if she says who she says she is. I don't even know if she knows about tomorrow. I mean it's not public knowledge" "no it's not" "I'm going to pick up the kids from school" "I can go if you want" "no it's alright, I need to get out" "Okay well I'm here" "I know. I love you" "I love you too" I gave her a kiss and she left to get the kids from school. Then Audrey woke up from her nap. I was in the living room when I heard her. I turned around and there she was. "Hey how did you get out of your crib?" "I climbed out" "oh boy, guess it's time for a big girl bed" "yay!" I laughed.