Return to Reality

I stiffened a laugh, "I wasn't even the one who-" I cut myself off. I gapped at the old woman. 

I made her say that, didn't I? But she spoke... and I could understand her."

"Who are you?" I was frowning with my eyes wide at her. She chuckled. "You're still staring I see." I took a hesitant step back. "How-how can I understand you?" I stammered. She rolled her eyes, looking back at me as if I were the crazy one. "You're only asking about that?" she croaked, disappointed. "I'm sorry," I said defensively, "I couldn't understand mustache, dagger, Fred, Minnie or your goons! Why can I understand you?!" She sighed, "Now you're just digressing. It's not why it's how! Heaven knows I don't know a thing about the why!" "Ok then, HOW?!" She shot an eye at me, I didn't back down but felt terrified. She raised her eyebrows. Was she impressed or disgusted I didn't know. "Sit." She commanded like I was a dog that had just torn apart a couch or something, and it didn't help that I did so readily. I sat in silence in front of the small fire. A light layer of smoke had filled the tent but strangely the air seemed fresher than it had been outside the ten. "Is it the smoke?" I asked. She tilted her head at me, amused. "You're partially right..." "What's the other part then?" I said impatiently. The lady had begun to hum. The toon sounded awkward and broken. "She really is just a crazy old lady..." I said in my mind getting more and more annoyed with the situation. I heard a strange laugh that made me jump. I could hear it over the old lady's humming as though it came from all sides.

"Oh, is that what you think then?"

I jumped, falling backward. The old lady, she was inside my head. I shot my eyes back at her. She was still humming brokenly but now with a faint smile on her face. "Now wolf-slayer, I'm going to need something from you." Her voice came again. Wolf-slayer? What does she need? Why from me? I couldn't conceal my thought from her. "You want to be able to speak to others in this world, don't you? Mind links are too advance for a- for you at the moment."  I was dumbfounded. "I don't want that. I want to go home." my thoughts finally turned though slowly now. "We'll get to one thing at a time. What's that in your pocket? Give it to me." Not thinking I reached the jacket's pocket pulling out a slip of paper. It was red with bold black lines etched on it, a strange alphabet. The old lady had reached out her hand over the small fire. My arm moved to hand the paper to her. She had barely touched it before it crumbled into dust over the rising smoke and into the fire. A burst of light and a gust of wind sent the inside of the tent to another world. I felt sick. The sides of the tent had vanished in an instant as smoke surrounded me like a thick fog. "Looks like you need more time..." The old lady's voice howled like the wind yet was as soft as a cloud. 

Darkness cloaked the wind and hid the ones howling. A burst of light and a crackle of thunder began the rain. The heavy raining. The harsh winds. My senses came back as the darkness lightened yet remained. I was lying down. I sat up and looked around. I was on my porch. Getting to my feet I scrambled for the back door of the familiar house.

The End

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

WELP, thanks for supporting this mini project. Be sure to comment, rate and follow (in case I begin writing a new book or something... yeah)

Well, that will be all FOLKS!!! 

GOOD NIGHT!!!!