The White Fox

Lucinta and Marc were nearing the entrance of the hideaway. Marc had begun scurrying up the passage before Lucinta grabbed the back of his shirt and pulled him down. Landing disorientated Marc turned to Lucinta, who glanced over her shoulder then back to Marc. "Where's Charlie?"

Marc looked around as if only now discovering she was missing. Lucinta saw the annoyance growing on his face until he took a breath and let out a long sigh that turned into a groan. "I'll report to Soul, you get her," Lucinta said, already leaving through the passage before Marc could complain. He clenched his teeth and glared back at the still hazy forest. With one final look of frustration, he set off retracing their steps.

Only a few minutes had passed before Marc heard a crack like thunder echoed through the woods. Cursing under his breath he took off in that direction. He knew what a gun sounded like. He knew that people other than the Uni liked to use them. Sure, Charlie could have been shot but that wasn't Marc's primary thought as he ran towards the danger. An old friend. An illogical conclusion from the sound of a gun but Marc couldn't shake it. As he ran he became less and less keen on avoiding exposed roots and tripped a couple times always catching himself and continuing on. It felt an eternity before Marc finally stopped. Looking all around him, he realized he couldn't go on anymore without another clue. He grimaced but didn't miss a beat.

"CHARLIE?!"

Nothing.

"I'm gonna kill that girl," he muttered before preparing to shout again.

"Over here!"

***

A white fox ran through the smoke. Large monsters and other woodland creatures moved past it, disinterested before it opened its small mouth. A soundless voice filled the air with a chaos of silence. The monsters that had earlier paid no mind to the fluff of white scattered into the air, vanishing. The separation of worlds. The returning of kind to kind. The woodland creatures all seemed to take no notice of the change as they continued on their business. A controlled wind swept through the forest, catching up the smoke until it had disappeared along with the monsters. The fox sat for a moment yawning. Looking around it took off, not even leaving a pawprint to mark its existence. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

And I'm about to head out the door to Boston. so I'm kinda pushing it right now.

So there's a new character. But who is he? Also what's with this white fox that has decided to finally grace us with its presence only now?! Tune in the next time I have access to wifi for more than 10 minutes!!! ;)

See ya later PEEPS!!!