After The Wolves

There was another howl outside as I locked myself in Charlie's room. (Which I was normally NEVER allowed into) I leaned up against the door with the windows of the room opposite to me. I wasn't scared. Nope, not me. I mean sure blood wasn't exactly easy for me to look at but wind? HA! Don't make me laugh- A crackle of thunder interrupted my thoughts. Well in my defense lighting can actually kill you.. so can wind though.. in a hurricane... heh... 

I was starting to get bored with waiting. I mean, what could Charlie even think to accomplish by sending me up- 

Another howl of the wind sent me to my feet. 

-here. I finished in a daze hearing a different howl that wasn't the wind. I swallowed. Was that a wolf? With no warning, I heard a door swing open crashing into a nearby wall. Something ran from the kitchen, the familiar sound of chairs toppling over. By now I had managed to slide under Charlie's bed and turn off the lantern. I heard the stair railing shake, (like it normally does when I thump down the stairs using it as though I had no strength in my legs to support myself... yeah) getting closer to me. I shut my eyes.

Silence. 

Well, sort of. The wind was still howling; I could hear it whipping through the house. But there was no more thumping on the first floor. Waiting a minute or two before getting out from under the bed, I grabbed the camping lantern with a strange need to investigate.

"Charlie?" I called from the top of the stairs. "This isn't funny you know..." I trailed off as I trailed down a few steps. Only silence. I was afraid, but it was a petty sort of fear. The fear of being pranked; Charlie was just gonna pop out of nowhere and scare me. Then I would never hear the end of it from the rest of the family. Even after seeing the trashed hallway, toppled chairs and the back door swinging in the mercy of the wind  I wasn't convinced. The whole while I kept saying aloud how impressive it was that Charlie faked a disappearance, most likely only conceiving the idea shortly before enacting it. I began to try my hand at figuring it out. "hmmmm.." I said closing the door and locking it, with the intention of trapping Charlie outside. A somewhat evil grin on my face. "Now, what did'e do first?  Must have swung the door open, slid across the table, purposefully kicking over the chairs, then a simple shaking of the banister!" I nodded as I put the pieces together. Stopping to turn back at the door. "-all to run out the back door into this weather..?" It wasn't right. But then again when has anyone been sane in this family except me. I shook my head, clicking my tongue in disapproval. 

Something on the door had caught my eye. A large crack running through the glass and even appearing on the wooden frame. I tilted my head at it. 

"Even I don't go that far..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Hey y'all, just to clarify this is from Cyrus' perspective. (in case that wasn't clear... pretty sure it was but ya know...)

HAHA our MC finally has a name!! But the gender is still unknown! (@StarcladKnight I may have written that pronoun but it doesn't count as I still have no idea what the gender is... so yeah :p )

Also, Cyrus is really good at pretending to not be scared, so don't be fooled!