By the River Bank

I shuffled up to my feet, using the tree for support. The oversize pants I had put up early began to slip down. "Of course they don't fit-" I mumbled trying to secure them over my sweatpants. The method of which I used to prevent the pants from falling is so complex and all from instinct that I don't even remember how I did it, so let's just say I did. With that out of the way, I began moving from tree to tree. Although my ankle was still on fire, the freezing numbness of my feet seemed to completely counteract it. Which if you're a doctor, or any normal human being for that matter, would have realized something was wrong and you better stop before you make it worst. I, however, oozed with gratitude at not having to feel the pain anymore. (Though every once and awhile I would trip over my feet, forgetting how big they were without the usually present senses)

The anxiety that had been present when I first began my escape slowly melted away as I got further and further from the camp. (very similar to the slowly melting away feelings of my feet) Hearing running water a short distance away I began to hobble in that direction. I wasn't thirsty, that would have made sense. I was desperate to wash my hands. Every once in awhile while I had been escaping I would rest my hand on a tree but, of course, the tree was always covered in some sticky sap. If that wasn't bad enough, I had tripped just a few moments ago, getting dirt completely stuck to my hands. So you can imagine my delight at finding a means to detach myself from such suffering. (All this coming from someone who can't feel their feet... I need to reexamine my priorities... ) 

A small cliff from where I stood presented a challenge, but as it was quite similar to a cliff near one of my friend's house I managed it scale it with ease. And by that, I mean slip on loose dirt while frantically grabbing at nearby roots and trees in order to not fall into the river which was clear enough that I could see jagged rocks sticking out. After getting close enough I was able to jump down from a tiny cliff onto a solid looking platform of mud. Tripping up on my completely senseless feet I planted my hands deep in the soft wet mud. It was freezing. Making my way closer to the river bank I stuck my hands in, scrubbing them viciously until they weren't sticky. Finally, a thought of reason presented itself. 

I should probably warm up my feet a little... 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

And there goes the idea of updating earlier than 10 (or at least a little after but right now it's 8 minutes till 11 so I have failed) I like to write this story as the last thing I do before bed, cause you know that's when reality and dreams tend to mix. (For good or bad)

There is a small chance that I'll have to start taking French while I'm already working on another language (and its proficiency test) so I'm kinda freaked out but hey, my favorite subject has almost always been foreign language so maybe I'll be fine.

Also, on a side note, yes it is realistic to forget you can't feel your feet! (Or maybe that's just me and my stupid face... oh well!)

See ya Chick-a-pees!