You Should Know Better

Distracted by the strange sounds outside I almost didn't notice Marc leaving. Following after him, I notice the layer of mud that had gathered and stuck to the hem of the dress as I tripped on it. Finally resurfacing I made the connection that the little hideaway was just a hollowed out space under a large tree. Kinda like that one scene in the middle earth movie. Taking a few steps I followed until he turned back to me. "Go back to camp." He nodded in a matter a fact way. I looked at him dumbly. "Go-"  "I heard you," I interrupted before he could say it again. He drew in a breath, "Do you think you can handle them? Or will I have to keep saving your butt?" He asked waiting for a moment even though it felt like a rhetorical question. To be completely honest I was both relieved and angry. I'm not big on running around at night fighting monsters and suffocating in a smoke screen, but I also wasn't big on the whole 'You're-nothing-but-a-burden' treatment so me and my dumb face did the most logical thing it knew to do. 

"Who said you had to save me? You can just watch yourself." Marc suddenly seemed like he couldn't care less and simply said "Don't regret it later," before taking off like the jerk he is.

And of course, I regretted every second I followed after him.

***

"Hey tough guy," Marc said finally catching his breath. It was meant to sound threating and it did, at least in the boy's head. The big guy laughed a strange hearty laugh, sickeningly warm and father-like. "You know son," "I'm not your kid," Marc snapped back, the big man in reaction grinded the boy's shoulder harder into the wall, "As I was saying," He said through his teeth. "I may or may not have recently faced a financial dilemma." He said close enough to Marc's face that he could what the big man had had for breakfast or maybe even the night before. Marc scrunched up his nose the best he could to block the disgusting smell. The man continued, not noticing Marc's twisted face or simply not caring, and threw him from the wall hard to the dirt floor. "And then you just had to piss me off." He said this with a smile as though Marc was getting what he deserved. The fourteen-year-old responded back with the same strange attitude. "Now how could little old me cause such trouble for a big guy like yourself." With that, a well-placed blow landed in his stomach. The nauseating pain overwhelmed him as he slowly felt himself lose consciousness. Somehow, Marc managed to stumble to his feet taking a few steps backward before falling down. 

What was this? Fear? No, it can't be fear! He's nothing like what I am afraid of... 

Realization set in just as the world slipped from his grasp. Only hearing one last thing before the darkness completely ensnared him.

Two voices overlapped and said together,

"You should know better."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

ALRIGHT! So I spent a lot of time trying to create a cast list because I didn't feel like writing tonight... Turns out I live under a rock and am unfamiliar with even the most house hold names, I AM ASHAMED!!! Anyways, I found someone who is just too perfect for Charlie and someone for Minnie as well but I still gotta step my game up for the rest of the cast!!!!!

(Sorry to the Koala that, although tired and bored, stayed up with me to cast my characters. I had fun at least XD )

So goodnight goodnight goodnight PEEPS!!!!

annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd check out @Koala_of_Light's new book "Angels Fall" or her *somewhat* old book "Vampire in NYC" !!!

Both are good so read one and read 'em both!!!

ALright bye now! :p