Neapolitan Icecream

My eyes stung in the strange smoke, running furiously through the hazy woods. I wasn't sure why but either I had gotten faster or Marc was slowing down, either way, I continuously found myself crashing into him. I crashed into him one last time as he stopped behind a tree without warning. I raised my head to complain until a heard it. The wind rose and a howl filled the air, a shadowy figure passed just before my eyes as I kept saying in my head "become the tree, become the tree." A moment later I realized I had been holding my breath. I slowly and quietly began to breathe again. Marc glanced over at me before taking off again. Although I could feel my whole body shaking I shook myself and ran after him, completely preoccupied with how he knew it was coming before I did.

***

Marc rolled over on the hard carpeted floor, light filtering through a high dirty window. His eyes felt dry as he squinted at his new surroundings. The midday sun filtered through the dusty air. The walls were worn and old, plaster peeling away and yellowing. Broken furniture had been piled up along the walls except for one which had a dark oak door stationed awkwardly in the wall. Sitting up crosslegged he leaned forward in pain. In an effort to distract himself he closed his eyes and shook his head. Rolling his head up and stretching to both sides he realized his wrists had been tied behind him. Curious, he twisted his body to the side trying to bring the knot into view. Barely catching a glimpse he let his arms fall back into their awkwardly held position. He wasn't as scared as he should have been. He had never been in a situation of fear and never planned to be afraid, he was convinced at an insane level that he could handle whatever was thrown at him. Which is why being saved pissed him off so much.

***

 Minnie circled the outside of the hideaway, spreading the small pellets almost everywhere she turned. They would serve as a sort of repellent for the smaller creatures, well the bigger ones there were no promises. She had to do the job quickly before the smoke grew too thick, but she wasn't exactly going fast enough as the smoke soon absorbed her in a blanket of noise echoing in the distance. Not giving up she continued on her given task, perhaps moving faster and keeping her right hand ready to take her sword out despite still using it to spread the pellets. Keeping her head down and her senses alert she kept going. The danger was of her own making, there was no one to blame but herself for the fear she had caused. But there was something more. A darkness that seemed to grow deeper inside her. Suffocating her. She kept going. 

It had been five years, why am I remembering what happened half a decade ago?

As her attention wavered something had slithered close behind her, waiting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

I am always blown away by the fact that I always seem to find something to write about in these chapters, though not perfectly organized... 

Anyways, 500 words, yay me...

NOW I MUST SLEEP SO I CAN WAKE UP EARLY AND STUDY AT PANERA TILL 3!!!

GOODNIGHT PEEPS!! :D

Also since I somehow managed to explore 3 of the 4 main character in a single chapter I decided to name this chapter "Neapolitan Icecream" guess which flavor is who... or not cause I really don't know and haven't thought of it...