A Weird Welcoming

A loud thud snapped me back into reality. Or at least this reality. I stared wide eye at the figure at the head of the room. I must have ran on autopilot as I noticed we were all standing before her with a desk between us. Regal cleared his throat.

"Your majesty, we've-"

"What is this dirty Uni doing in my home?" Her voice came down harshly yet stil poised. I could see that Regal was fearful. Heck I was fearful.

"Your majesty, I would by no means bring an ordinary Uni before you. However this one I have reason to believe might in fact be the Wolf-Slayer." His voice was twisted in a strange way. As though he was a teacher too scared of upsetting his student. Looking from him to the Empresses I saw her eyebrows raise slightly before shifting her gaze from Regal to me. I stood still. Like before I couldn't back down or lower my eyes. I felt a pit in my stomach, most likely because I haven't eaten since the day before. I could tell the Empresses was in effort to stare me down. The temptation to look away grew as my stomach filled with fear and dispair. Right before my eyes could shift to the ground I felt a strange flood of relief. She had looked away.

"And what, pray tell, would the reasoning behind this conclusion be?" I could sense that she was only asking in good humor. I looked up in an effort to stay alert. I hadn't notice being hungry earlier but now I felt as though I was starving. 

"She has used the Blue Fairy." This dramatic phrase uttered by Sir Regal of I'm-a-jerk-and-I-know-it was, of course, met with the loud grummble of my stomach. I plastered an obvious fake smile on my face just advertising that the loud imitation of a whale was in fact me. I was met with a look of skepitism by the Emperess before she waved her hand as though shooing us away. 

***

This time we were moving slowly through the rooms at least slow enough that I could actually allow my eyes to wonder. That was the first step: be observant, I couldn't let any detail escape me. Before I knew it I was infront of a wall, that slid away revealing a decent size room. (Although I have no idea what accounts for decent in this kingdom) 

"Am I staying here?" I asked examining the inside of the room before stepping in. There was a short pause as though they had forgotten I could speak. "That's correct." Manbun was the one to finally respond, it seemed Regal had stayed with the Emperess. I nodded stepping into the room, keeping space between myself and the walls. Although I was still cuffed I act with a strange air of dangerous confidence, as though I would annoy someone with being too cocky. But I didn't care. Turning back to face the people I had been herded with the door slid shut and I was alone in the room. 

"That was," I paused looking around in complete silence, "Weird."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

I have become lazy. But at leat I aim for that 500 word mark each time... hehe

Welp it's good Friday so I guess that's why I'm updating "early"

See ya peeps tomorrow!!! I am sooo not ready for spring break to be over :(