A Time Bomb

The smoke stung my eyes as I turned to a sound. It was Minnie. A rush of wind came again raising another howl. Minnie practically pushed me aside as she ran back the way I came and into the safety of the rocks. Taking a moment to collect myself I ran after her. 

The guards both scoffed gently at how quickly I came back. Ignoring them I jogged after Minnie who walked in a sort of trance. "You ok?" I asked catching up to her side, "Yeah, just fine." she said distracted, "Where's Marc?" "I think he went that wa-" I cut myself off as she walked in the opposite direction I was pointing. Stopping, I looked from where Minnie was heading and back to where I was pointing, and then did it again. My movements stuttered a bit at the sudden change in atmosphere.

***

Marc awake at the sound of people talking nearby. Opening his eyes he was met with the darkness of night. Finally remembering where he was, he stood up and stretched. 

"Listen, buddy, it's all about supply and demand. If they don't want 'em, we don't sell 'em."

A new voice sneered.

"But- even so, there's gotta be some value in them..." A shaky and hesitant voice replied. This was the weaker party, Marc noted.

Marc's shoulders flinched as he heard a chair being pushed back and a fist being slammed on wood. 

"Do I look like I care?" the sneering voice said in a sickeningly calm voice, "no- no sir,"

There was a pause before the stronger party continued bored, " If you understand your position I suggest you leave before Gosa comes back." 

There was a shuffle of feet has the weaker man left hurriedly. An out of place laugh began soon after, introducing an old familiar voice. "I see you still have fun with your little games, Fletcher."

"Now now, your majesty. A little fun never hurts. Besides what's one to do in such a dull existence such as ours? We can't all be promised the Throne of the Pheonix."

A soft laugh rose before it ultimately hardened, "Now Fletcher, don't go taking advantage of our old friendship. Treason is not as fun as it sounds."

"Wouldn't dream of it," Fletcher said mockingly, "Your majesty." Marc could feel the sarcasm dripping from his voice and could even sense him bowing jokingly in the silence. But everything was being seen through red-hot rage.

His older brother was here.

***

Minnie slumped against a wall, sliding to the floor. Despite everything telling me to leave her alone I sat down leaning against the wall across from her. "Hey," I let out awkwardly. "He was right," Minnie said looking down to her side, "Every time, he's right." "Marc?" Minnie's silence confirmed it, for a moment I thought she was going to cry but suddenly she became fired up. "To be fair, he's always hated me but it's not like he hasn't made any dumb mistakes! Fire ants! Coconut trees! Heck, even a freaking WOMBAT!" she finished off not realizing she hadn't really elaborated on any of Marc's mistakes. "So what if I accidentally set off a possible time bomb of evil spirits!" She said confidently before her face twisted into a horrified expression, whispering, "Right, there's that..." 

"A WHAT NOW?!" I yelled despite myself

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N

Alright, so even though these next two weeks are gonna be super busy I am determined to write every day!!! (so a certain Koala will take pleasure in bugging me to write)

I'll probably have Soul in the next chapter... so goodnight!!! :D