Chapter 18

Few days after.

Amal's P.O.V

"Mumma why are we having soup for dinner?"Cyrus asked as he sat down at the breakfast bar.

"Because it's the easiest thing I can think of."I replied with a shrug of my shoulder. "And to make."

"Why don't we just order Chinese?"Cyrus said as he let out a sigh. "That's easier because someone else makes the food for you."

I let out a soft chuckle and turned around to him. "Really baby?"

He nodded. "Didn't Royce put you up to this?"I asked as I put my hands on my hip.

Cyrus held up his hands and nodded. "Yes mumma, he wants a Chinese."

"He's at the gym, working out and kept himself healthy and he wants a Chinese?"

Cyrus shrugged his shoulders and got up from the stool. "I don't know how grown ups work."He said as he began to walk out of then kitchen then stopped in his tracks. "Wait, I do because I read that book about the brain development."

I looked at Cyrus with the tea towel in my hand. "I really need to find you a hobby."

"I've got loads and there's no point adding grief onto your hands is there?"Cyrus said with a grin on his face. "Just get me a brother or sister and I'll be just fine."

The doorbell rang, I looked at Cyrus and walked out of the kitchen and walked to the front door to see Hannah stood there waiting for me to open the door.

I opened the door and looked at her. "Hey Hannah."

She looked up and let out a sigh. "Can I come in and talk to you please?"

"Yeah sure."

And I let her into the house, we walked into the kitchen and Cyrus greeted her then looked at me holding my phone. "Please?"

"Yeah okay."

He nodded and left the kitchen. Hannah sat down at the breakfast bar and looked at me. "I went to Anouk's but she wasn't there."

"Parent meeting about Aliyah."I replied as I looked at her.

"But that's how Aliyah is like, she isn't going to change for anyone."Hannah said with a raise of her eyebrow.

I nodded and let out a sigh. "What can we do?"

Hannah nodded then looked down at her hands, I looked at her. "What do you want to talk about?"

She looked up, her eyes brimmed with tears and she sniffed. "I can't do this anymore."

"Do what?"

"Not having Erick around, it's just so harder then last time."Hannah replied as tears streamed down her face. "There is nothing there anymore for the both of us, it's like the spark and everything is gone."

"Wait, what?"

"Like when you talk to Zabdiel, you have so much to talk about and the conversation never ends but with him, he can't even speak one word."Hannah explained as she let out a sigh. "He doesn't care anymore and I don't blame him because there is nothing to this relationship or whatever is anymore."

I walked over to her, my hand curled around her fist and looked at her. "It's hard, it is so fucking hard and we are all going through the same thing without them here but it's only for a certain amount of time."

"Why do I feel like I'm losing him?"Hannah asked as the tears didn't stop. "Why does it feel that the relationship is a waste of time? That he doesn't care."