15•

• Maddi POV •

This is the last day in magcon. The last day for the meet greet. Not permanently, just this week.

"Everything is clean now." Matthew told Mrs. Espinosa. "Okay, you guys can go now." she said. We walked down to the auditorium place. The rest of magcon was waiting there for us.

"Okay. Since they finally decided to join us, we can start." Bart said. Mahogany started playing the music and one of the really giant men opened the doors.

"Hi."

I looked beside me to see Jacob. "Hi." I muttered back. "Can we talk?" he asked. I shook my head, "You have fans here who've been waiting to meet you for probably a long time. Talk to them." I answered. He sighed and walked away.

Mason came over to stand by me. "Are you mad at him?" he asked. I shook my head, "I don't like him." he said. I huffed, "You don't have to. I don't care either, Mason. Whatever it is you or anybody thinks him and I have is inexistent." I shrugged. He didn't say anything he just looked away, probably smiling his face off.

"Go back over there with Hayes. Have fun." I suggested. He walked away towards Hayes and they sat down and talked.

"You're Madison right?" a girl with short honey brown hair said. "Something like that." I answered. "Your brother's Mason?" she asked. I nodded, "Oh, I'm Dawn. You're really pretty." she said. I smiled, she was also very beautiful she just looked like a thirteen or fourteen year old. "Thank you. You're so pretty too." I said.

"You're not like everyone says." she told me. I furrowed my eyebrows at her. "What people and what do they say?" I asked. "Well this is my first time ever coming to one of these. I just read a lot on instagram and stuff about a girl named Madison with your picture and it's always like 'she's so rude and mean to her brother' and 'she's a slut because she dated three of the magcon boys' just some jealous fans." she shrugged.

"That's not true. Any of it. What three Magcon boys did I date?" I questioned because I was so confused. I'm only rude to people who are rude to me and I'm mean to Mason because I don't want him to grow up like a little girl does. She shrugged, "Matthew, Carter, and Jacob."

I shook my head, "No. I'm staying with Matthew so he's like a temporary brother. Carter and I are just friends, I've never once thought about dating either of them. And Jacob is-" I said. I didn't know what to say for him. It's not like I'm lying, I just don't date any of them. "Jacob isn't and never has or will be my boyfriend. Those girls are crazy if they think that." I stated.

"This rumour is funny too. Apparently you dated your brother." she giggled. I rolled my eyes. I honestly thought this was hilarious. "They only thought you dated Jacob because of what he-" she said, but someone pulled her away. "Dawn, I thought you got kidnapped." a girl that looked about two years or more older than her. "I was talking to Madison." she said.

She looked over to me and scoffed. "She's dirty." I heard her say. Dawn looked to me apologetically I shook it off and smiled to them before getting away.

No one ever said it was a risk to stand near the metal ropes keeping the girls and a few guys back. I walked over near Matthew and Carter because there was an empty chair no one was using. "Sadie said she'd do it." I heard Matthew say.

"Not that I was eavesdropping, but who's Sadie?" I asked. Carter smirked at Matthew. "Just a girl who lives down the street from me." Matthew answered. I nodded, "Yeah. She was out of town when you and Mason came, but she's coming back now." he added. I nodded and they took pictures with the girls.

For the rest of magcon I just went back to the hotel room. Mrs. Espinosa was putting things in suitcases.

"Back so early?" she questioned my presence. I nodded, "did they do something to you again?" she asked. I shook my head, "No, I just got claustrophobic." I lied. She nodded and went back to what she had been doing.

She's a really good person. Sometimes I just wish I had a mom like this, I did all the time. "Mrs. Espinosa?" I spoke. She smiled and looked at me, "You can call me Laura." she suggested. I nodded, I inhaled before I was going to speak.

"How come you took Mason and me in your home with your family?" I asked. She shrugged, "I just felt it was right." she smiled. "Besides I'd been watching you and your brother. You were struggling to make sure you stayed together." she added.

"Thank you so much." I said. She nodded and kept packing.

***

"Home!" Matthew shouted laying in the grass. I laughed a long with Mason and Mrs.- and Laura. It's going to be really weird calling her Laura instead of Mrs. Espinosa.

"Alright. Put your stuff away and clean yourself up then come back down for dinner." Laura told us. We nodded and went upstairs with the suitcases.

"I'll see you in like an hour." I told Mason. Carter had went to his home and we came back with Laura and Matthew. Laura had put in an extra bed for Mason to sleep on. She got them a bunk bed just a few days after we got there.

I hung up all the clothes she'd bought for me in the closet or put them nicely folded in drawers. After that I went to one of the bathrooms because someone was already in the closest one.

I took my shower, I braided my hair in a french braid, and put on some shorts with a t-shirt.

I walked down to the kitchen and I smelled spaghetti. I smiled lightly as I made my way to them. They were all sitting in the dining room waiting for me.

I sat down across from Laura and she flashed me a smile. "Sorry. I didn't mean to take that long." I told them. She shrugged. "It's fine." laura said. "Speak for yourself! I'm starving." Matthew said shoving spaghetti down his throat. I chuckled.

"Alright. I have to tell you guys. I'm going to be on a trip with Carter's mother for the next week." she announced. Matthew smirked. "Maddi, I trust you enough to watch these two boys and Carter once he gets here." she said.

"Hey. I'm older than her!" Matthew said. "y'all are the same age." Laura said. Matthew shook his head, "Uh no. I'm turning seventeen next week." he said.

"She's more mature. Anyways I want you guys to be good. No wild parties or girls. Only exception is Sadie." Laura said. "No boys either, Maddi." She added. Mason laughed, "She doesn't talk to boys." he chuckled. I mocked him and they laughed.

***

I was sitting on the bed in my temporary room reading Sunday's at Tiffany's. The door opened and in came Mason.

He sat down beside me. "Can I ask you something that's been bugging me since the first day of magcon?" he asked. I closed the book and looked at him. "Sure." I smiled.

He inhaled deeply. "I heard a piece of your conversation when you were yelling at Matthew. You said something about us living here." he said. My eyes stiffened. "What did you mean?" he asked.

I shook my head, "It was nothing." I lied not ready to tell him the truth. "But-" he started, I cut him off. "drop it." I snapped. He rolled his before storming out the room.

It isn't that I am lying to him. I'm just not ready to tell him we're not going to be here forever. It's hard to tell him that now since he's attached to these people. Or this family.