23•

• Maddi POV •

I was up all night, I didn't get any sleep at all. This couch wasn't as comfortable as the other one.

"Maddi, you're back." Mason said standing up. I nodded, "You hungry?" I asked. "You said you'd come back and finish the movie marathon with Carter, you know we had something planned for you as a surprise once you got back." he told me. "What was it?" I asked.

He smirked, "You don't deserve it, but we made a cake for you, you took way too long to come back so we ate it." he said. "That's fine, I don't like cake." I shrugged, he shook his head and went around the corner to the bathroom.

Matthew woke up and glared at me. "Oh sorry I was confused. I thought you were Carter." he laughed. "So we're going to the mall today." Matthew told me. "It was Sadie's idea." he added.

I nodded and we got up.

Jacob had decided he'd chive in our mall plans, so we were walking down the mall holding hands. "I'll buy you an outfit like that one." he said pointing to a girl who looked serious about her dress up. It had so many different colours and it was big. Oh and I can't forget about that feathery scarf.

I laughed and put my head on his shoulder. "Maddi!" I heard Mason yell from behind me. We stopped and I turned around. "Yes?" I smiled. He rolled his eyes, "Can you stop ignoring us?" he snapped. I walked towards him. "I'm not?" I stated. He shook his head. "Yeah you are, we've been calling you and we thought you were just listening to music until we saw you laughing away with Jacob." he snapped.

"Sorry I didn't hear anything, calm down." I said. "What did you guys want?"

I looked at Carter and he smiled, I made a face at him and looked at Matthew. He was too busy with Sadie to even notice that I was looking or speaking to them. Then I looked back at Mason who was glaring ferociously at me. I laughed because angry Mason is was very adorable.

He smacked my arm causing me to laugh harder. "We have to get you into some fighting classes. It felt like a fly ran into my arm." I teased him. "Don't make fun of me." he spat trying to hide his laugh. "We didn't want anything, we were just seeing if you could hear us." he shrugged. I rolled my eyes playfully at them and Jacob and I started walking again.

We walked over to a store named 'Spencer's' and it looked so dark and evil. Which was funny and made me laugh. "What's so funny?" Carter asked. I shook my head. As we got deeper into the store I saw inappropriate things that I gasped at. Jacob covered my eyes while laughing.

I heard Sadie let out a loud laugh, it was one of those cute little laughs that I'd envied. I mean, who wouldn't? Especially when yours sounds like a dying cat.

I moved Jacob's hands to see what she was laughing hysterically at. Carter had his phone aimed at Matthew, who had on the fake female boobs and recorded him dancing.

I laughed also, like I couldn't stop. Sadie stopped laughing and so did Mason. They both glared at me playfully and I laughed harder. I don't know why, but at times like this I laugh really hard. Even when it's barely funny.

"Dude shut up." Mason joked. I kept laughing and Jacob sort of disappeared. Some of the people in the store had stopped and stared and I finally stopped. I was tearing up and coughing really badly.

"Again?" Carter asked smiling. He came over and patted my back. "Calm down." he chuckled.

I stopped laughing and we left out the store.

Carter and I were walking this time together. "I think your laugh is cute." he said. I smiled at him and our hands brushed. It felt the same as it did with Jacob. I didn't know what it was, but I liked it.

"What's wrong?" he asked. I looked back and they were still in the store. "I don't know." I muttered, I was being honest with him. I didn't know what it was. "What are you thinking?" he asked. I turned to face him.

"I don't know, but when you or Jacob touch me, I get this feeling in my stomach. I like the way it feels, but I'm really confused." I answered. He smirked down at me.

"I give you butterflies." he told me. "You know when you like someone and everything they do gives you butterflies, but you can't control it."

I shook my head, "but I don't." I told him. He shrugged, "Can I see if I get them?" he asked. I shrugged back and he grabbed my hand.

They were warm, not really warm, but like a little cold and then warm. "You have icey hands." he told me. I nodded and looked him questioningly in the eyes. I could sense he was nervous almost as if what he's doing was riskful. I felt his heart beat was racing and his palms got sweaty.

"Do you get them?" I asked. He stared at me and started to lean in after a while. I didn't know what to do again like with Jacob.

I know how it feels to watch someone you have feelings for kiss someone else. I remembered Jacob was here. I put my hands on his chest to keep him from doing anything. He smiled down shyly at me while his cheeks burned a crimson red.

I heard Mason and Matthew laughing. "La- whoa are you two about to kiss?" Matthew spoke.

I jumped away from him this time my stupid ears burnt. "Let's go." Jacob said. I turned to see him walking towards us. I glanced at Sadie and she was just as confused as I was.

I looked between Carter and Jacob before walking back to Jacob. He grabbed my hand again and I felt those butterflies again.

It didn't feel right though. I felt bad because I think I'd been close to kissing Carter and I held his hand and now I'm back to holding Jacob's hand. I pulled my hand from his grip and shoved them in my back packets.

We all started walking again, but this time there was no talking. It was silent, an awkward silence.

"So what was that all about?" he asked me. I ignored his question. "Maddi?" he questioned. I shrugged, "Do you like him?" he asked. I didn't feel like he had the right to ask that. "Who?" I said playing dumb.

I knew he meant Carter, but he didn't need to ask. "Carter." he snapped. "No. We're just friends." I snapped back.

We continued walking to wherever our feet took us for about ten minutes. It was really quiet. Too quiet...

I looked back and no one was there.

"What's wrong?" he asked me. I started walking back tracing our steps. "Maddi?" Jacob said.

"Jacob shut up, I'm trying to find my brother." I snapped. He looked so hurt, but I brushed it off and kept walking as he followed behind closely.

We walked around the whole mall until we landed in the food court. I saw all of them sitting at a table near the dunkin donuts place. I felt my heart go back to a normal rate and I stormed over to them.

"When did you guys leave?" I spoke grabbing Mason. It wasn't hard or anything, I just grabbed him.

"We called out for you!" he snapped. "You were too busy ignoring us with your stupid boyfriend to even notice we called your name and walked in front of y'all!"

And seriously the only thing that I could think of was the fact of him not being my boyfriend. "You should've called louder, and he's not my boyfriend." I spat.

"Matthew why didn't you tell me you guys were leaving? We went through the whole mall looking for you guys." I raised my voice. He rolled his eyes. "Hello?" I snapped.

I looked at Mason who had his head hung low. "Let's go." I demanded.

Carter drove us back to the hotel in an awkward silence and once we got there Mason stormed inside while Matthew and Sadie followed closely. Carter told Matthew he'd be back and I stayed with Jacob.

"I'm sorry about today." he said. I shrugged, "I shouldn't have questioned if you liked Carter." he told me.

What the fuck am I about to do?

"I don't like him, the only guy I like is you." I said. He smiled down at me and kissed me. I smiled into it, but kissed back.