50•

Damn... I swear I had like two chapters just the other day... lol I'm so happy like five more chappies to go. There's gonna be song lyrics in here so I'll put them in bold italics so if you want, you can skip them :)

• Maddi POV •

We got in our seats and waited for every presenter to go perform. The first five performers would hide behind the curtain so thing's would fly by quick. It went some girl, another girl, a boy, Sadie, then me. I didn't know or care the order after that. I'd sneak out so I didn't have to finish watching after I go.

"Hi my name is Molly and I'm gonna whistle." She said. Sadie and I started laughing. I peeked out the curtain to see Sawyer laughing also. Once she saw me she smiled. The girl whistled for like three minutes then went off. I'd kill myself if I were here, that's enough to personally humiliate yourself.

The next girl had a bowl of something and she grabbed a chair. "I'm Lisa and I'm gonna eat this bowl of cereal because I'm hungry." She said. She had a tiny accent which made it even funnier. She started eating it, no one pulled her off, she just continued to eat it.

"Okay, Ms. Sara, off." One of the teachers demanded. She laughed and walked off. The guy went up there and he just stood there awkwardly. "I'm Jason. I have no talent." He laughed. I laughed with him. If the talent show went on like this for the rest of the day I might just stay. Might.

He got pushed off and Sadie looked at with a scared expression. I grabbed her shoulders, "You're going to do great." I shrugged.

She nodded and went out, it didn't sound like her to be afraid. She introduced herself quietly and the music started.

She looked stunning, she had a ballet attire on and her hair was locked in curls, as I said before... she looked stunning.

The music started playing and she held a pose. I didn't actually think she'd be serious about this, but she just looked so professional. She definitely knew what she was doing.

You've got the words to change a nation, but you're biting your tongue. You spent your whole life stuck in silence afraid you'll say something wrong.

What she was doing was so simple, but fucking beautiful. As the song started going everyone was so silent.

I wanna sing and I wanna shout. I wanna scream 'till the words dry out. So put it in all of the papers, I'm not afraid they can read all about it, read all about it.

She put her hands down and started walking to the beat, slowly, but no one cared. She started acting out what the lyrics were saying swiftly turning them into a dance. It was actually pretty sad.

The song got really quiet.

I wanna sing. I wanna shout. I wanna scream, till the words dry out. So put it in all of the papers. I'm not afraid they can read all about it. Read all about it, oh.

As the song ended she spun around really smoothly and stopped.

Literally everyone stood up and clapped and just made the roof basically fall off. She smiled at me which I smiled back and she got off.

I saw the same teacher motioning for me to go. Okay, I can do this. I saw Sawyer holding her thumb out to me the same with Sadie. I actually looked for Carter. I didn't want him to be in here, considering the song I chose to sing is actually directed to him...

I watched as one of the people pushed play on the radio. My song started to play. And yes, I was nervous. What if my voice like cracked and I shat myself.