Chapter 38

"Baby." I heard someone say and I open my eyes to see it's harry.

"Gemma is here. Come on." Harry says and I nod getting up and following him down the stairs.

Sitting on the couch was a blond girl and as I walked closer I seen her face. Harry and her looked nothing alike.

"Hello, you must be Darcy. Harry's told me so much about you!" Gemma says standing up and hugging me and I laugh.

"Same with you mate." I say and she pulls out of the hug and I seen harry kicked back on the chair drinking a beer.

"Finally harry isn't with a whore, I swear that man is something else." Gemma says and I laugh at how rude she's being towards harry. I know if it was me harry would have yelled at me.

"Hey, I'm not with whores." Harry says sitting up.

"Yeah sure, they'd ask me if I had any guy friends every time you would leave." Gemma says and i bite my lip trying to hold my laugh in.

"I'm going to start diner." Harry said in a shitty tone and he walked to the kitchen.

"So, how old are you?" Gemma asks.

"18. And you?"

"25."

"Holy god, you look my age though." I gasped at her.

"Yeah right." She said laughing and I furrow my eyebrows.

"You know you and harry don't look anything alike." I say stating a obvious.

"Yeah, I look more like my mum. He looks more like our dad." She says smiling.

"I've actually met your dad." I say and she groans and rolls her eyes.

"And his dumb bimbo he calls a wife? Was he a wanker?" She asks and I shrug my shoulders.

"Eh, he showed me your mums library he built." I say and she nods her head.

"You would have loved our mum, and I know she would have loved you." Gemma said and I look at her confused.

"Can't I meet her? She's only on vacation." I laugh and now it's Gemma's turn to look at me weirdly.

"Erm, she's not on vacation. She passed away two years ago." She says and my eyes go wide.

"Oh my god, I'm so sorry. Harry told me she was on vacation. Now I know why he would always chance the subject." I said shaking my head.

"Yeah, she uh...she was shot in the head. Harry thinks our dad payed Zayn to do it." She says and now it all clicked.

'I'm going to make him suffer like he made me.' Rings in my head just as it was like the other day harry said that.

"Do you think he did?" I ask as she grabs her water and drinks it.

"Honestly, I try not to think about it to much. But if I was to accuse anyone it would be my father. I mean who gets with another women weeks after their wife's death?" She says and I nod.

"And also, why doesn't Harry like being called Harold." I ask and she smiles.

"Our mum used to call him that when he got in trouble." She said laughing and now it's all making sense.

"Anyways enough about me and harry, how about you?" She says and I nod.

"Well, my mum was killed by my dad. He got a life sentence in jail. I was adopted two years after the insistent and now I live with two uptight parents." I say and gemma looks like her eyes are watering.

"That's horrible, but I'm glad you found a way to be happy for once." Gemma says and I smile at her.

"Yeah I'm pretty happy." I say looking towards the kitchen and she laughs.

"Okay, so I hear you are American where are you from?" She asks.

"I'm from California."

"Oh, Harry has a house there. I've never been though." She says and I look at her.

Harry told me gemma was in America that's weird.

"Diner." Harry said peeking his head around the corner and the boys come running.

I glare at harry for a split second and go close to him.

"I need to talk to you right now." I say grabbing his arm and dragging him to the hallway.

"What is it." Harry asks looking down at me.

"You lied to me. Gemma has never been to America so why did you lie?" I ask and he looked away and I went into his vision.

"I had stuff to do Darcy, I didn't want you here alone okay?" Harry says but I was still pissed.

"That's just great, so I guess lying is okay now?" I said and he shakes his head.

"It's not, but if I said I didn't want you here alone you would go against it." He said and I just stare at him with my arms crossed.

"Let's go eat." Harry said and I followed him into the kitchen getting some food.

I sit next to gemma and smile at Liam.

"I want to make a toast to gemma for driving three hours to eat diner with our crazy asses." Louis says and I laugh and we all say cheers drinking our wine.

I wasn't hungry so all I did was stare at my food.

I get up causing a big scrapping sound to fill the room and everyone stopped talking. I looked at them all and walked out of the room.

Everything's getting to me, my dad, Zayn, what happened to Harry's mom and harry lying to me. What else has he lied about?

I go to the bathroom locking the door and patting a tissue under my eye.

"Hey, you okay?" I hear gemma call tapping the door softly.

"Yeah I'm fine just my stomach is all." I say.

"Okay, well come back down after you feel okay." She says and I say okay.

I look in the mirror, red tear filled cheeks, my hair was a mess.

"Open the door." I heard harry say and I didn't answer him.

"Now."

I opened the door and breathed out as he seen my face his eyes softened.

He goes into the bathroom and shuts the door behind him.

"Come here." Harry says and when I come to him I hug him breaking down in his arms.

"I'm scared harry." I sob and he grabs my face softly and looks me into the eyes.

"I won't let them take you from me never again. I promise baby." Harry says and I nod my head.

"I don't like when you cry darlin." Harry says running his fingers through my hair.

"I'm sorry."

"Don't be, it's normal to cry but what gets me is how you still look beautiful when you cry." Harry says.

Who would know a gang leader would be so...loving?